My 408 Fox cracks the 10's, in-car and exterior vids.....

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
After swapping on fresh head gaskets, I got the 408 Fox out to the track on Friday. DA was pretty good, around 500 feet, and I cracked the 10's with a 10.99 @ 118.4. This was on a 1.42 60 foot. The car still felt a little soft and I am still chasing this breakup at 6500 rpm. After this run, the power went away and I could not figure it out until I got it home and looked it over on Saturday. The #4 intake rocker completely fell off. The car was on 7 holes and still running mid-11's @ 114. LOL. It was not rough, just down on power. Also, a compression test revealed numbers all over the map. Leak down showed pretty severe leak past the intake valves. So, I pulled the heads and will have a valve job done. I am also going to replace the springs. I am sure after this, the car will run hard 10's on motor and well into the 9's on the 200 shot.

Still, it was a good run and the launch was great.

408Launch-2.gif

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAp0blnoIf0&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=8&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j6THMe2yDc&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=4&feature=plcp

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Leaves nice.
Whats your suspension setup?

Tubular front end and coil overs, rear is stock style with Eibach springs, some kind of boxed upper and lowers and an air-bag. I don't know who made the components, but I put the airbag in the car and it helped massively.

sweet ride man,,love it

Thanks!

Nice! What size slick?

28x9 Hoosier.

sweet fox man, details on the motor setup?

Stock block 408 stroker. Eagle stroker kit, Probe dished pistons. Has a custom ground cam with .610ish lift, unknown duration, 110 lobe separation. Ported Canfields, Super Victor, 850 QuickFuel and a Nitrous Pro Flow plate kit set up for a 200. I have not squeezed it yet, would like to see how deep into the 10's I can get on motor. I would like to see below a 10.5 and 60 foot times in the 1.3s.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Results of machine shop teardown of heads revealed 6 bent valves. 10.9 with 6 bent valves, LOL.

Should have it back together this weekend.

Mike

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Results of machine shop teardown of heads revealed 6 bent valves. 10.9 with 6 bent valves, LOL.

Should have it back together this weekend.

Mike

Damn! I'm gonna guess you'll run a fair bit faster next time out lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice runs. Good sounding car by the way. :rockon:

A84gt

Ya I would suspect there to be a problem with only a 118 mph trap, 125+ mph shouldn't be a problem once she's up and running again, clean looking car and hang the hell on when you put the bottle to it :)

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
loved the in car vid... so sick!

Thanks!

Damn! I'm gonna guess you'll run a fair bit faster next time out lol.

LOL, I hope so!

What caused the 6 bent valves--all intake?

4 exhaust and 2 intake. Hard to say. I did not build this motor and I am certain they were bent when I got it. The guy that put the car together bought the motor as a longblock. My guess? Someone sold him a motor they put together with some questionable parts. Either that, or he bent the valves. Cam is only .610 lift and it has dished pistons with deep reliefs. I will check PTV clearance when it goes back together.

Congratulations! Nice runs. Good sounding car by the way. :rockon:

Thanks.

Ya I would suspect there to be a problem with only a 118 mph trap, 125+ mph shouldn't be a problem once she's up and running again, clean looking car and hang the hell on when you put the bottle to it :)

Yeah, I am going to dial it in for motor first. I would like to see low 10's on motor. I have the Nitrous Pro-Flow kit on this and the smallest shot I can run is a 150. It is set up for a 200 right now. That should be interesting to say the least.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread