My 3 yr old son fighting rare blood disease

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I wanted to share with all of you the story of my son, Kane. He has a rare blood disease that he should not have lived past 2-3 weeks of life. After lots of doctors that treat him like a science experiment of trial, we have found what we consider to be the best doctors for him. He will turn 4 on April 1st, and is a fighter the entire way. He has blood transfusions every 6 weeks now and ongoing medicine that is not cheap. Me any my wife have set up a fundraiser to cover some of these expenses and the link is below. I have also posted a link to our blog in case some of you want to follow this little guy. I appreciate everyones support and God bless

https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/kane-fighting-rare-blood-disease/146039

Lately with the Lamberson's

PM sent

builtarmyofone

Established Member
Thank you to everyone for your donations, and prayers. Kane will start his new medicine to deplete his iron overload in a few days. There are a lot of side effects that could come with this, but we pray that they stay away. I will try to keep this post alive to give updates.

All PM's have been replied to

thanks

builtarmyofone

Established Member
just a quick update. Kane had his blood transfusion on Friday and it went well. He is always pretty spunky after getting a bunch of blood. Even after his double ear infection, the doc said to go ahead and start him on his chelation therapy medicine to help with iron overload. You guys/gals on this board have contributed greatly to our fundraiser. Please pass the links on to your facebooks and tell people about Kane. These expenses are ongoing with no plans to stop. We are truly blessed by God to have outreach from everyone here. I will continue to post updates as long as everyone is good with that.

thank you

builtarmyofone

Established Member
just thought this update was too cool not to post. Kane getting a regular blood transfusion at the hospital, and look who wants into his room. He comes around and visits all the kids who are at his hospital and talks with them for a little bit. This gives me a whole new outlook on Peyton Manning. I just thinks its so awesome that he does this, and Kane happened to be at the hospital when he stopped by. The transfusion was followed with a blood drive the next day and it was a huge turnout. As for his new medicine, the first round of testing shows positive results. His iron has decreased, and the only side effects are upset stomach in the middle of the night. We appreciate everyones prayers

c18f8ea5-ab8e-49bf-84e4-66bed84f2978.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Payton Manning for the MFW! So he came back to Indiana to visit sick kids in the hospital?

Here is a prayer for your family:

Dearest Father,

May you bless this man and his family. May you give the people that surround this young boy the knowledge and medicine they need to cure his illness. We pray for your guidance and blessing on this matter so this fine young boy will grow up to serve you, his family and others that will come into his life.

Amen

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Amen! Great prayer.

Payton Manning for the MFW! So he came back to Indiana to visit sick kids in the hospital?

Here is a prayer for your family:

Dearest Father,

May you bless this man and his family. May you give the people that surround this young boy the knowledge and medicine they need to cure his illness. We pray for your guidance and blessing on this matter so this fine young boy will grow up to serve you, his family and others that will come into his life.

Amen

ZWilson07

Established Member
Donated!

Hoping for the best and im sure you all are cherishing as much as you can.

Any hope to beat this disease long term? If you would rather PM me or do not want to discuss it, I completely understand.

builtarmyofone

Established Member
Thank you for the prayer. Peyton came back to visit the kids and he did some community things as well. Kane will have this for his life unless a miracle happens. Only about 300 cases of his disease worldwide to be known. We appreciate everyone. Things are good with him now that he has more blood in him. He is a ball of energy. Its night and day difference from the day before his transfusion

Users who are viewing this thread