My 3 yr old son fighting rare blood disease

builtarmyofone

Established Member
I wanted to share with all of you the story of my son, Kane. He has a rare blood disease that he should not have lived past 2-3 weeks of life. After lots of doctors that treat him like a science experiment of trial, we have found what we consider to be the best doctors for him. He will turn 4 on April 1st, and is a fighter the entire way. He has blood transfusions every 6 weeks now and ongoing medicine that is not cheap. Me any my wife have set up a fundraiser to cover some of these expenses and the link is below. I have also posted a link to our blog in case some of you want to follow this little guy. I appreciate everyones support and God bless

https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/kane-fighting-rare-blood-disease/146039

Lately with the Lamberson's

Twisted2v

Established Member
What kind of toys does he like? My mom has a stockpile for teaching and I can send some. They're new too.

Have you asked the doctors about diet changes to help control the iron overload? Vitamin C increases iron absorption, while milk blocks iron absorption. Alternatives such as less red meats or substituting dark meat turkey with light meat turkey.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. My 4 and a half yr old son is my life. I get emotional if he even falls and hurts himself. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

builtarmyofone

Established Member
We have talked to naturalist and holostic doctors about him. He has too much iron because of his tranfusions. He has one cause and effect after another it seems.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear you and Kane are having to deal with this. From what I read on the links, and the pics, he looks like a good-natured little guy. We will be hoping and praying for the best for him and your family.

We have talked to naturalist and holostic doctors about him. He has too much iron because of his tranfusions. He has one cause and effect after another it seems.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My heart and prayers go out to Kane and your family. It's amazing how strong children can be as compared to us in these situations, trust me I know.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
I wish you and yours all the best in enduring this towering time in life. You are in my thoughts. Tumblr link and Donation page shared to many. :)

TorchMach

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear that about your son, I don't know you but your son sounds strong and I wish you guys the best!

builtarmyofone

Established Member
thank you to everyone and their prayers. He is one strong little man and he has such a personality on him. He has been through in his 3 years more than most people go through in their lifetime. We will continue to fight this disease down and please follow my wifes blog that she puts up.

Are there any Rescue Bots that he wants that he doesn't have?

Ones he doesnt have are Heatwave, Chase, and Optimus Prime

thanks

jason6488

Established Member
I read your post and I dont know what to type but I wanted to express that I feel for you. You have to fight and be a hero for your son everyday. I hope that my knowing can convey even a modicum of strength for you, your son and your family. best wishes.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Best thoughts for your Son Bro! He's a cool lookin little guy and he'll beat this!

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I am sorry to hear your son and you have to go through this. You guys are in my prayers. Keep your heads up and you will get through this. Hope he keeps on fighting it!

Users who are viewing this thread