My 2016 RCSB 5.0

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I thought the same thing until I started looking for a R&P/LSD for it. I guess the RCSB got the S-8.8

So did you already put an LSD in it and know for sure it is not 9.75?

I was lucky enough to pick up the only RCSB 5.0 on the island. I ended up trading in my loaded 2016 Tacoma for this truck and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, the Tacoma was perfect for the island and everyone loved it, but it just didn't have any of that ....."Fizz." At $28k, that simplicity with key engineering elements make this a truck something that I love (there aren't too many all aluminum bodied cars with manual windows). I don't know if I'll keep this truck forever, but it's the right truck for me, right now. So at a little under 30k, it was a steal.

The fun factor is for sure there, I thought about doing it myself but when I saw trucks like that for that much money, no way. I think one with nothing on, no options, still v6 is almost 27K new. Def. a smart idea to get tow package because you get the trans cooler.

Are you going to upgrade the oil pump gears like I see many mustang owners do when they go with forced induction? I wonder if you can get it below 4000lbs....

Sammyboy

Established Member
So did you already put an LSD in it and know for sure it is not 9.75?

The fun factor is for sure there, I thought about doing it myself but when I saw trucks like that for that much money, no way. I think one with nothing on, no options, still v6 is almost 27K new. Def. a smart idea to get tow package because you get the trans cooler.

Are you going to upgrade the oil pump gears like I see many mustang owners do when they go with forced induction? I wonder if you can get it below 4000lbs....

It's an s-8.8. I swapped the ring and pinion and put an LSD from the mustang IRS in it.

Not sure about the oil pump gears. That's probably a good idea.

Sammyboy

Established Member
Swapped the grill insert for an Ecoboost's to get more cool air into the heat exchanger. I'll try to grab some videos today. There isn't a lot of room in Hawaii to let her stretch her legs.

Users who are viewing this thread