My 2016 RCSB 5.0

Sammyboy

Established Member
http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-wed-spec-it-the-coolest-2015-ford-f-150-you-didnt-know-existed/

I read this article a few months ago...... and well....

2016 F-150 Base model
Regular Cab, Short Bed
Towing Package
3.73, LSD
2.9 Whipple.
Truck_1.jpg

truck_3.jpg

truck_2.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
LOL.

That would probably be a pretty decent drag truck.

I almost did this a few years back, I even contacted Nick about having it ordered but I decided against it.

If that was mine, I would drop the rear end 2" (unless you work it), get some wheels on it (wide 20s or something with a set of proxes), paint the black plastic around the headlights and get some mirror caps that match the paint.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Didn't know 3.73s where available on a 2wd or did you get em aftermarket?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Aftermarket Mustang R&P/LSD. The market for the SRA "super" 8.8 is pretty limited.

I thought just the v6 was getting this and 5.0/eco still had 9.75? Truck is light!

Did you order this then? Because 30K for a no option vinyl floor truck is a bit hard to swallow. You can never find a used one like this with the 5.0, it is always v6. They are also never on lots, only seem to be sold to gov./fleet owners. Maybe some auction house would be a place to find one? Edit- and the used ones are almost ALWAYS long bed.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you get any traction with those tires or is it just a smoke show in a straight line?

Sleeper for sure. Awesome

Sammyboy

Established Member
I thought just the v6 was getting this and 5.0/eco still had 9.75? Truck is light!

Did you order this then? Because 30K for a no option vinyl floor truck is a bit hard to swallow. You can never find a used one like this with the 5.0, it is always v6. They are also never on lots, only seem to be sold to gov./fleet owners. Maybe some auction house would be a place to find one? Edit- and the used ones are almost ALWAYS long bed.

I thought the same thing until I started looking for a R&P/LSD for it. I guess the RCSB got the S-8.8

Sammyboy

Established Member

I was lucky enough to pick up the only RCSB 5.0 on the island. I ended up trading in my loaded 2016 Tacoma for this truck and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, the Tacoma was perfect for the island and everyone loved it, but it just didn't have any of that ....."Fizz." At $28k, that simplicity with key engineering elements make this a truck something that I love (there aren't too many all aluminum bodied cars with manual windows). I don't know if I'll keep this truck forever, but it's the right truck for me, right now. So at a little under 30k, it was a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread