My 2012 Mustang getting stomped on :)

Elwood617

Established Member
So, I'm in the staging lanes and this monster lines up next to me.

http://youtu.be/Hi4p7nbHyP8

He was really cool and I learned a bunch from him, including what a 1.35 60ft looks like from behind :)

Edit: Confirmed that the guy was Ed Hedricks. Former multi-time drag racing champ in the 60's.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yup, been there too with a car running low 9's in the other lane. Really makes you realize how slow/quiet your car is!

Elwood617

Established Member
I'm going to put it on you tube, but I wanted to get some more info first. I talked to the guy afterwards, turns out he is Ed Hedricks. Multiple drag racing championships in the 60's. Super cool guy, awesome to learn from, and it was a sweet 72 Nova.

Elwood617

Established Member
Clair what are you running now? Have you broke into the 10's yet?

No, having trouble keeping the car hooked up. The 2-step just isn't working out with the tires I have and the shocks (I think). I want to get some Viking double adj for the rear and work on my 60ft some more. This last weekend was a lot of experimentation with me losing ground. So, next week I'm going to go back to 20 psi in the tires and keep working on my launches without the 2-step. Right now, I will be happy to break into the 11.4's, and I really want my 60ft down to 1.5. I know it is possible, I just haven't figured it out yet. Are you going out to Dragging Rights next weekend?

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
No, wife is coming home Friday after being gone for 2 weeks. I take it you are? I am sure you will get a PB there, track prep should be good!

Elwood617

Established Member
I'm going to give it a good shot. Just sent Jeff some data logs from Sunday, see if he sees anything that he needs to change. And yeah, I'm going to Fayetteville. It will be good to see Sam again :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was quite a run. Hedricks was a tiny dot in the distance within mere seconds. Puts things quickly into perspective. You'll never forget that run, for sure. Always nice to race a legendary driver.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You need driver mod. If it was me in your car it would have been neck to neck.

Elwood617

Established Member
That was quite a run. Hedricks was a tiny dot in the distance within mere seconds. Puts things quickly into perspective. You'll never forget that run, for sure. Always nice to race a legendary driver.

Tell me about it, that 1.35 60ft is no joke :)

You need driver mod. If it was me in your car it would have been neck to neck.
Ha, that really was a bad pass for me, not that it would really matter, I was really distracted watching that Nova gooo... :)

Adiabatik

Banned
I remember staging next to a similar car like that. It had a BBC and a HUGE cam. The vibration alone nearly rattled my car to pieces. I was scurred.....

Users who are viewing this thread