My 2011 F150 vs 2015 F150 grudge match!

MatteBlack

Established Member
2015 Owner here- Absolutely LOVE my '15 SCREW Lariat Eco. Driven an '07 and '11 and the '15 just blows them out of the water and its not even close. Every time I see an 09-14 truck on the road it looks 'smaller' in stature and I feel a lot of it has to do with the grille/frontend. The older gen grille looks wimpy now compared to the new truck. Like anything there will always be a love/hate thing going on in regards to styling but overall I feel the '15 is a big step forward.

OP- I still love your truck though :)

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Like Zyborg said..id love to see the exact difference in weight between to equal trucks. With that...i agree not liking that rear window. I still love the full window option on Tundras.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree on the Tundra windows....until it breaks. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

o2gt

Established Member
how much less does the 2015 weigh than the 2014? I heard it was several hundred pounds but some of the reviews I read seemed to question if they were really that much lighter. I realize there are lots of different configurations just looking for a ruff estimate.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
how much less does the 2015 weigh than the 2014? I heard it was several hundred pounds but some of the reviews I read seemed to question if they were really that much lighter. I realize there are lots of different configurations just looking for a ruff estimate.

UP TO 700lbs.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That means a substancial avantage in acceleration and handling/braking... Definitely need to go drive one!
You'd enjoy it. I was against them until I drove one.

o2gt

Established Member
I have seen track times for the prior model, but have not seen any modded ecoboost numbers yet. I will keep looking, want to see if its something i would be interested in.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I never liked the look of the 09-14. Ford nailed the look in 04 but I thought they went backwards as to me the 09 looked like a lot of plastic front clip and design. The 15 looks better imo. Cant wait to the 10sp auto!!!

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Of course looks of a vehicle is subjective but performance can't be questioned. Of course the newer truck will overall be better ( it has to be or what is the point) in features and performance but I really honestly Ford did such a good job on 09-14s that is the first vehicle I have owned that I feel will last 10 years without feeling old or falling apart. I already told my wife I will be keeping this truck well pass payoff when I first got it two years ago and still feel that way today.

tj04cobra

Established Member
All the 15-naysayers, all I can say is go drive one.

Want to try and drive one soon. I see them all the time around here and the other day saw a white crew cab FX4 with a small lift and I was in love. I love the way they look and can't imagine how much better they are than the previous gen since I got to drive my dad's 11 fx4 around for a little bit and thought it was Cadillac compared to my super duty.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
The chrome grilles on the 2015s ruin them imo. The sport/fx4 models look best (black trim). Also agree with above statements. You have to go drive one and the truck will just blow your mind away everything about it

Snapchat--3404368820968023263_zps5z8yqfxj.gif

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I think i'm with you there. give me a 09-14 Raptor and I'll be the happiest person in the world

Sn95Snake

Established Member
The chrome grilles on the 2015s ruin them imo. The sport/fx4 models look best (black trim). Also agree with above statements. You have to go drive one and the truck will just blow your mind away everything about it

Looks much better like that!

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I am going to get a '15 or '16 SuperCrew Lariat FX4 w/ the 5.0 Motor. Im just undecided on the 5.5' bed or 6.5' bed. I think the 5.5' bed looks better on the Screw though

Stanger00

Established Member

The Lariats with the thick 3 bar grills are even better!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think i'm with you there. give me a 09-14 Raptor and I'll be the happiest person in the world
Loved my 14 Raptor....but the 2015 trucks are excellent pieces of machinery.

Users who are viewing this thread