My 2010 SS at Top Gun Standing Mile Event

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Yeah I saw that, great number!

I went 154.8mph bone stock back in November before I built the car.

We are putting in a 440ci built LS7 with a twin turbo set-up in a few weeks, should give us some decent power :rockon: 200mph is the goal!

Good luck! Keep a close eye on the front bumper overhang, Hennessey had some issues with high speed testing on theirs - but I've heard it's been fixed by GM since then.

overseacobra

Established Member
Good luck! Keep a close eye on the front bumper overhang, Hennessey had some issues with high speed testing on theirs - but I've heard it's been fixed by GM since then.

Yup, I also need to check the rear diffuser as it also has a tendency to take off on it's own at these speeds. It needs an extension so the air doesn't get caught up in it. We'll find out soon enough!

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
man, you use your car! Youve posted roadcourse stuff, now this. Looks like you are getting everything out of it and having fun doing it. Props man! Looks like fun.

overseacobra

Established Member
man, you use your car! Youve posted roadcourse stuff, now this. Looks like you are getting everything out of it and having fun doing it. Props man! Looks like fun.

Haha you have no idea! She has lived an eventful life :rockon:

10-12 track days, 100 passes in the 1/4mile, 20 or so passes in the standing mile and about 10K daily driven street miles. And she's only 5 months old :)
She runs like a champ though

venomws6

Established Member
Great run man 166mph with under 500rwhp and over 3800lbs is really awesome..

Your car looks beautiful too..
Keep the video coming..

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
Great video and the car sounds great. What exhaust are you running? Camaros have the craziest looking stock mufflers I have ever saw. How do they flow?

overseacobra

Established Member
Great run man 166mph with under 500rwhp and over 3800lbs is really awesome..

Your car looks beautiful too..
Keep the video coming..

I'm definitely happy with the mph, now time to go faster!

Great video and the car sounds great. What exhaust are you running? Camaros have the craziest looking stock mufflers I have ever saw. How do they flow?

Kooks Long Tubes and MBRP cat-back with catted mid pipe, sounds insane at 7k!

These flow great, and are 3" compared to 2.5" stock

99DECH

My wife shifts faster than you. Learn to shift faster you'd probably pick up another 5mph. Either way it looks fun.

hahah trust me if you saw Erik's credential's I don't think you'd be commenting on his driving skills!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
How were they measuring speed. Looked like there were two guys standing out on the big end...

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Gotcha. Curious to see what sensors they use. I heard they upgraded their stuff, just want to see what we're using. TX Mile is testing out an even more accurate setup this time out. They always keep the past setups as backup timers.

William

Users who are viewing this thread