My 2010 SS at Top Gun Standing Mile Event

overseacobra

Established Member
I went 165.8mph on motor only, fastest all motor 2010 Camaro I believe ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0NZcl13ec"]YouTube- 2010 Camaro SS @ Top Gun Run March 2010[/ame]

Now it's time to go 200mph!

/Erik

overseacobra

Established Member
Very very nice, but where is the Voltbeat?

:)

Next Video, I promise!

My wife shifts faster than you. Learn to shift faster you'd probably pick up another 5mph. Either way it looks fun.

Lol I know. My slave cylinder was giving up (and eventually went out and emptied out all fluid on I-95...) and was hindering the shifts. Plus the fact that the Camaro hurst shifter is a piece of junk.

But yes, shifting could definitely be improved!

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Very nice! The new Camaro has grown on me substantially. 165 on all motor is impressive to me.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
My wife shifts faster than you. Learn to shift faster you'd probably pick up another 5mph. Either way it looks fun.

in drag racing yes, in a top end run it doesnt matter how fast you shift. your fighting wind, and drag. banging gears wouldnt make a difference.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Wait, you can go wot in 5th? But, I thought....oh, that's right, only Terminators have to worry about that. lol

Nice run and camera angles. Looks like a lot of fun. It must feel nice to legally do a top end run.

Last edited:

overseacobra

Established Member
in drag racing yes, in a top end run it doesnt matter how fast you shift. your fighting wind, and drag. banging gears wouldnt make a difference.

That's actually quite true. But if we're talking 1000+whp and over 200mph ET's faster shifting would be beneficial.

I'll be there soon enough though ;)

dtd01svt

Established Member

Are you serious? You dont think shifting faster would make a difference? What are you smoking?
Nice car, nice numbers!

overseacobra

Established Member
Wait, you can go wot in 5th but I thought....oh, that's right, only Terminators have to worry about that. lol

Nice run and camera angles. Looks like a lot of fun. It must feel nice to legally do a top end run.

Haha yup, and with the HP that's on it's way I hope to be holding fifth for a lot longer!

My Gopro cams are proof that they will easily hold up for 160+ for an extended period of time when mounted properly!

My goal is to be the first 5thgen in the 200mph club. And I don't care if the car would have a higher top speed with more room, 200mph in a mile is insanely fast no matter what car.

mr2cam

Established Member

Actually that is not true, on SW's supra that went 246mph in the standing mile he would lose about 7mph between each shift, so yes shifting fast would help.

overseacobra

Established Member
Actually that is not true, on SW's supra that went 246mph in the standing mile he would lose about 7mph between each shift, so yes shifting fast would help.

Yes, as I wrote before, in those speeds fast shifting is a must! But at the speeds I'm not as important. But they will be when we try and hit 200!

kuruma

Established Member
Yes, as I wrote before, in those speeds fast shifting is a must! But at the speeds I'm not as important. But they will be when we try and hit 200!

Go 100mph put in the clutch and see how fast your speed decreases.

Shifting is definitely important. Hell you cant cut some time off in the 1320 by shifting faster.

Last edited:

overseacobra

Established Member
Go 100mph put in the clutch and see how fast your speed decreases.

Shifting is definitely important. Hell you cant cut some time off in the 1320 by shifting faster.

I know it's important, and believe me if I could have shifted faster I would have! But I have probably 20-25 passes down the mile and my mph has been within 2 mph every time, no matter how I launch the car or if I grannyshift or powershift the car. I picked up the 2mph this time thanks to bumping up the revlimiter to 7200rpm to be able to pull it longer in 4th so when I shifted into 5th I was in the "sweet spot".

When I add another 300whp then I will have to shift like crazy to get a good mph

overseacobra

Established Member
Not bad. For reference, we did 156.8 mph bone stock in Texas.

Yeah I saw that, great number!

I went 154.8mph bone stock back in November before I built the car.

We are putting in a 440ci built LS7 with a twin turbo set-up in a few weeks, should give us some decent power :rockon: 200mph is the goal!

Users who are viewing this thread