My 2001 V6 Coupe Build Thus Far

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I love reading extended builds like this. Kudos from a fellow Mississippian. DeSoto Co currently.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Swift

Established Member
I love reading extended builds like this. Kudos from a fellow Mississippian. DeSoto Co currently.

Hey man thanks! good to see another Mississippian on SVTP!

So I picked up a set of cobra brakes the other day for the low. My buddy bought a 95 GT and wanted to upgrade to new edge brakes, he made me an offer on my stockers, and I took it and bought cobras. Calipers were hideous when I bought them so I blasted them, rebuilt, and painted them. All together I have $150 in the brake upgrade, rotors and rebuild included.

15817554_942796559187129_807398202_o by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Untitled by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_6003 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Very clean, did the same to mine in a different scheme
97ee23819b690a7358a0c5a7d9342209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
just went thru this whole thread. amazing work, attention to detail, choices spot on. a pleasure to see and even more, what a nice job you have done on the write ups and keeping everyone interested, updated. Nice job!!!

I just picked up an 04 six for my son. red. first thing he wanted was to plastidip the rims and the center panel between the tails as well as the 40th anniversary emblems. all done. he was some sound so have a cold air kit on it's way and will do a dual exhaust upgrade soon. I can't take the car near as far as you have due to finances but I enjoy reading about all kinds of builds and ideas. yours is really nice.

Swift

Established Member
just went thru this whole thread. amazing work, attention to detail, choices spot on. a pleasure to see and even more, what a nice job you have done on the write ups and keeping everyone interested, updated. Nice job!!!

I just picked up an 04 six for my son. red. first thing he wanted was to plastidip the rims and the center panel between the tails as well as the 40th anniversary emblems. all done. he was some sound so have a cold air kit on it's way and will do a dual exhaust upgrade soon. I can't take the car near as far as you have due to finances but I enjoy reading about all kinds of builds and ideas. yours is really nice.
Hey thanks man! That means alot! I'm sure he's loving the car. I consider myself extremely fortunate that a mustang was my first car. So much aftermarket support for relatively cheap, and it's a fairly simple car that you can learn as many mechanical skills as you want on! I wouldn't trade it for anything! And I wouldn't say never, as far as progress, I started as a 16 year old mowing yards to pay for simple mods, and plastidipping parts on the car, which has eventually snowballed into this. I knew absolutely nothing about cars when I started on this car. Had never even done an oil change before. Here is the car circa 2011 LOL

341155_2069918985031_360031_o.jpg

Swift

Established Member
I made a ton of progress over the last week. Key points are:
  • Wiring harness tucking/extending/wrapping DONE
  • A/C lines cleaned, polished, installed
  • Cobra front brakes installed
  • Alternator disassembled, painted, rebuilt with all brand new parts
  • Power steering reservoir relocation done
  • All power steering/hydraboost lines plumbed and sealed
  • Clutch cable installed
Key points of things that need to be done before fire up:
  • Build cold air intake piping
  • Rob a set of front banjo bolts from the junkyard
  • Install belt
  • Hook battery back up
  • Paint and install headlight panel
  • Put lots of hose clamps on things
  • Fill fluids
  • Turn Key
IMG_5382 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5384 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5385 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5394 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5398 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5399 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Swift

Established Member
So a few updates. The car does run. Got the intake all welded up, put it together for the last time, hit the key and it fired right up. Looks to have a dead coil or two, so I'll be ordering a set of those today.

Intake by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

This is the engine bay in all of its final glory (aside from painting the intake of course)

And progress from here may slow just a tad. Had to go out and buy myself a new toy to take my mind off of the car, and some other issues.

IMG_5447 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Swift

Established Member
Test drove this pig today.

IMG_5467 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

First impressions:

My god, I should've done the IRS swap years ago. Makes the car tons more predictable and rides like a cadillac. The car runs great. Like it was a factory 4.6 car. The alternator died, RIP. Tested with another one off my grandmother's lincoln town car and it worked perfectly. Oh and my headlights and blinkers don't work, and all fuses are fine. Not sure about that yet.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
no pig there and no lipstick needed!!! even without the front fenders, clean and looking good. can't wait to see it totally done.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Oh man, everything looks amazing! When you did the IRS swap did you do anything to it and was it difficult to do?

Sent from my GDI turbo Mustang

Users who are viewing this thread