My 2001 V6 Coupe Build Thus Far

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely some very impressive work. Gorgeous Mustang, and one you can really be proud of. I salute you! :bowdown:

Swift

Established Member
Don't think I forgot about this car or the thread! I've been stockpiling parts, and the winter build begins... NOW!

Got everything from the seats forward out of a wrecked GT,
Untitled by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Nabbed a 01 cobra IRS.

A set of pretty nice Mach 1 seats
s-l1600.jpg

And a set of Hypercoated Saleens since they finally brought the finish back!!!!!
s-l1600.jpg

And lastly, a set of meats to wrap around the new Saleens!

Stay tuned!

Swift

Established Member
Some progress:

Only one side of the Scott Rod aprons done, but I will say that these things are awesome. Had to remove only about 1/4 of metal from one edge of this one for it to fall right into place. And to trim and weld in this piece only took about an hour and a half in total. A+ company too!

josephcostello

Established Member
This is so badass. Love the creativity. The silver striping in those mach seats will compliment those wheels very nicely.

chappys4life

Established Member
Great work on the car. Have to ask why not not do a cobra/4.6 swap into it? That way you keep your first car it just gets an upgrade?

Swift

Established Member
Great work on the car. Have to ask why not not do a cobra/4.6 swap into it? That way you keep your first car it just gets an upgrade?

Well, I'm sure you've seen that I have a 2v sitting on the stand ready to go in it, but as far as why I didn't go 4v, I completely didn't have the budget. I probably could've pulled off a 4v swap, but I wouldn't be able to do an IRS, or the mach seats, etc. I wanted to get a lot of things done to the car at once, and that was just the way I budgeted my money and time.

To be quite frank, I never could notice a HUGE difference between a N/A 2v, vs a N/A 4v. Coming from my coyote, they all feel relatively slow.

Users who are viewing this thread