My 2001 V6 Coupe Build Thus Far

Swift

Established Member

Swift

Established Member
sick car man! I absolutely love your attention to detail! Tell me everything about your front suspension... Buddy club?
Thanks dude! The front coilovers are BC's. The type BR's. They're actually fantastic in terms of improving handling, and they ride decent. No complaints here.

Swift

Established Member
Got past a major milestone today. Pulled the dash and replaced the PCM, harness, booster, column, gauge cluster and pedal assembly with donor parts from the GT.

Untitled by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Went to go connect the pushrod for the hydraboost... NOPE! slightly different pedal design for the V6. Pushrod comes through the firewall in a higher position with the GT's. Thankfully my buddy has a 2v shell in his yard and I was able to go nab the pedal assembly from his.

Got everything buttoned back up a few minutes ago. Now on to the motor!

Swift

Established Member
Been relatively busy with work recently so haven't had a ton of time to devote to the car. Got a Pilot/TOB installed, a front/rear main seal, and an oil pan gasket also, and went ahead and mated the engine back up to the trans.

Then began tackling the harness. Went ahead and unwrapped the whole thing and will be doing something a little out of the ordinary with it. If it works the way I hope it will it should be super clean. Will update you guys on that again once the harness is modified and re-wrapped.

My SLP catback also came in. Have mixed feelings about it. The resonators and tips are gorgeous, but the tubing and hangers are awful. The welds on the hangers are atrocious and completely cold. Hangers are also crooked and seem to be mild steel. Oh well, I got a black friday deal on it, we'll have to work with what we got, and it'll end up being polished anyway.

IMG_5169 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5170 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

IMG_5167 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Steve1578

Established Member
Just read through this whole thing start to finish, and now I'm sad that I reached the end. Excellent work man, thats a beautiful mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
keep up the good work brother! Those SLP tips look so nice. Thanks for hanging out on the live stream the other day btw!

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I have a frpp mid pipe and MagnaFlow cat back, still went with SLP tips. They're definitely the best looking.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Swift

Established Member
Just read through this whole thing start to finish, and now I'm sad that I reached the end. Excellent work man, thats a beautiful mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Every day is a learning experience and I wouldn't trade all of the skills and knowledge I've gained for the whole world.

keep up the good work brother! Those SLP tips look so nice. Thanks for hanging out on the live stream the other day btw!
Thanks dude! The tips are most of the reason I bought the catback lol. They're the best looking ones money can buy IMHO. And yeah that was really neat man, I hope I catch another one of your streams, it was good getting to chat with you!

I have a frpp mid pipe and MagnaFlow cat back, still went with SLP tips. They're definitely the best looking.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Like I said, best in the business!

Swift

Established Member
So the harness is done, and installed. The majority of the engine harness now runs underneath the intake manifold in the valley. The injector and COP wires have been extended and now come through holes in each side of the manifold to reach the plug ins. The only real wires that are visible are the ones that run to the COP's, because the clocking of those connectors cannot be modified, the wires have no choice but to come out, make a U turn, then plug in. The injectors however have been clocked 180 degrees, giving the wires a shorter run to the connector, and a cleaner look

IMG_5895 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Harness cut, extended, and ready for wrap. For the wrap I used a dry vinyl cling tape, very similar to OE material, with a few adhesive tape wraps on the ends to keep them from unraveling. The harness has a total of 4 wraps of "sticky" tape, the rest is the dry cling vinyl.

IMG_5896 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

As parts of the harness run through the valley, I knew heat would be an issue. The wire I used to extend the harness is 200C rated, and to further protect the OE wiring, I gave the parts in the valley a wrap of foil before being covered up with the vinyl.

IMG_5897 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

All wrapped up!

IMG_5898 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Finished harness mocked up on the engine. I have a few things left to clean up and paint (as evidence by the alternator and IAC), but this is how the harness will look on the finished engine. Came out pretty slick!

IMG_5899 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

Engine bay is getting less and less spacious by the day!

IMG_5902 by oh1slowsix, on Flickr

She just wants to go her beautiful, smooth, white home!

sonicdan

Established Member
I may have missed it, but what midpipe do you plan on running with the SLP catback? is it LM1 or LM2?

I just bolted the LM1 catback up to my mac prochamber=sex. Absolutely love the growl and bark. In cabin is impressively quiet, with little to no drone.

Swift

Established Member
I may have missed it, but what midpipe do you plan on running with the SLP catback? is it LM1 or LM2?

I just bolted the LM1 catback up to my mac prochamber=sex. Absolutely love the growl and bark. In cabin is impressively quiet, with little to no drone.
I have a factory catted H pipe right now. Would like to go longtubes and O/R prochamber in the near future, if a turbo hotside doesn't manifest itself before those plans.

Swift

Established Member
Today's mini project. Refurbished the front control arms and are now ready to go back on the car. Pressed in new Moog ball joints, wire wheeled and painted, and installed new Energy sway bar links.

Users who are viewing this thread