My 1st ticket in the Cobra

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks fellas. Here's how it could've gone:

Him - Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me - Cause I'm Mexican... or Cause you're jealous of my car... or Cause you thought I had donuts in here.

Him - Please step out of the vehicle. The tow truck will be here in a few minutes. You have the right to remain silent...

That WILL be the last time I do that on a surface street in a populated area. I was going 60 in a residential (30-35 limit?). It could've been a hell of a lot worse. That's why I made sure to thank the officer. He was VERY cool.

stang99

It must be your TB that lets you rev so tight with your car. My car is all done by 6200. But, for sure, your car was making a lot of noise that could be heard for quite a ways. The stock exhaust might have saved you from being pulled over so you should demod immediately to stock everything and then put the ugly big assed license plate holder on the front of your car.
Just trying to be helpful about the demodding thing.

Originally posted by SonicVenum
P, I guess you may be right, no plate saved me. I know he heard the exhaust because I took it up to ~6800 in 1st and the somewhere over 6000 in 2nd. I didn't take off from the stop sign though, I just rolled through and took off once I was already way passed the intersection. It was a roll from 15-20. The cop must've been in line at the stop sign on the street I crossed. No more blasts down the streets of Downey for me.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
It must be your TB that lets you rev so tight with your car. My car is all done by 6200. But, for sure, your car was making a lot of noise that could be heard for quite a ways. The stock exhaust might have saved you from being pulled over so you should demod immediately to stock everything and then put the ugly big assed license plate holder on the front of your car.
Just trying to be helpful about the demodding thing.

I guess so. My car just keeps on pulling up top. That's why I've bounced off the rev-limiter on several occasions.

You wish I would demod. I'm only gonna get worse, and faster.

Scary thought... imagine if I had Dave's exhaust. :eek:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
I guess so. My car just keeps on pulling up top. That's why I've bounced off the rev-limiter on several occasions.

You wish I would demod. I'm only gonna get worse, and faster.

Scary thought... imagine if I had Dave's exhaust. :eek:

Remember i did get pulled over & i wasnt going no 40mph down Century Blvd.

U did right Juan. Plus like i said.....u look like a good kid vs a get - to kid.

ModsAway

Established Member
Glad it turned out in your favour. The cop was even nice enough to give you a fix-it ticket. For many cops they would have just given you a no front plate ticket (125$) here and still considered that quite a break, which it would have been still considering the 60 in 35 zone.

Cops are people to and you met one of the cool ones, he probably enjoyed seeing you do what you did but couldn't rightfully tell you that.

maoun

Established Member
hey, there are plenty of nice cops out there

for the amount i get pulled over and (in comparison) get so few tickets, i know it's true!

Users who are viewing this thread