My 1st ticket in the Cobra

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I've got to stop hanging around Marwane. This evening I was pulled over for the first time in the Cobra, and ticketed.:bash:

Here's how it went:

I was on my way home from school. I was only a few blocks from home when I decided to see if my clutch was still slipping. I was on a wide residential street, and there were no other cars on the road. I had just left a stop sign at a 4-way, then I punched it in 1st. I speed-shifted into 2nd at ~6800 rpm, leaving some nice rubber patches on the road. I topped out 2nd (~60mph), and I was happy because there were no signs of the clutch slipping. As I approached the next STOP sign at the T intersection near my house, I looked in my rear-view, and saw a cop car coming fast with his red & blues on (the intersection I had just left is down the street from the police station, I didn't look at the other cars as I went through:bash: ). I pretended I didn't see him, and proceeded to make my left turn, hoping he was responding to a call or something. He caught up and pulled me over.

Him - Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me - I'm pretty sure, sir.

Him - Why'd you do that?

Me - Well sir, I've been having trouble with my clutch lately, and I wanted to see if it would slip going into 2nd. That's the honest answer.

**He walked to the front of my car, then came back.**

Him - Do you have a license?

Me - Yes sir. Here you go.

Him - Where do you live?

Me - Right down the street there, sir. That's my old address (on the license).

Him - Alright. You know that was dangerous, right?

Me - Yes sir. I'm sorry.

Him - Do you think that was a good idea?

Me - Probably not.

Him - Not at all.

**He walks back to his car.**

So, now I'm like, "Damn, what an idiot! Here comes my first point. I guess I've got to go to driving school." I was hoping he wouldn't write me for something too crazy, and have my car towed. As I was waiting, another cruiser pulled up. It was a female officer (a little older than me, but kinda cute). They sat there and talked for a minute, while he was writing. While sitting there, I was moving my feet around, and I accidentally hit the gas pedal, and revved the car. Now I thought I was gonna get written for modified exhaust. I didn't even look in the mirror, but I don't think it bothered them.

**He walks back to my car.**

Him - Now, you know what you did was unsafe, right?

Me - Yes sir.

Him - It was very unsafe. Now, that being said, I'm going to write you a fix-it-ticket for no front plate.

Me - Thank you sir.

Him - Just sign here. Now this is just a fix-it for you for front plate, but be careful.

Me - Yes sir.

Him - Alright dude, take it easy.

Me - Thanks man.

And that my friends, is what you call being blessed. Thank God for that cop using his discretion to my benefit.:)

Last edited:

CobraRLC

Established Member
YOU LUCKY BAST@$#D........I bet you will be sending a donation to the Downey Police Fund.......Good job keeping your head and being polite........

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
LUCKY!!!

Not Lucky; just straight with the guy. Although it WAS dangerous, you used some sense of caution by doing it with no other cars, or pedestrians, around. I'll bet he took that into account.

Things would have been quite different if you gave him a line like "Sorry Officer, my foot slipped.":rolleyes:

I've found most officers to be like this. If you:

1) Use a little discretion with regards to when, and where, you play.
2) Be forthright with the office if caught.
3) DON'T WHINE.

Usually, you get a slap on the wrist, if anything.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Not Lucky; just straight with the guy. Although it WAS dangerous, you used some sense of caution by doing it with no other cars, or pedestrians, around. I'll bet he took that into account.

Things would have been quite different if you gave him a line like "Sorry Officer, my foot slipped.":rolleyes:

I've found most officers to be like this. If you:

1) Use a little discretion with regards to when, and where, you play.
2) Be forthright with the office if caught.
3) DON'T WHINE.

Usually, you get a slap on the wrist, if anything.

:beer: I couldnt of said it any better way :beer:

Maybe this is why u said it 1st :idea:
Same thing with the Exhaust stop i went through.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Lucky Juan but not for me. I have to go to traffic school this saturday:gt:

Bummer :nonono: --- details?? They felt the force of the KB!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I guess that means you can't b-bad at c-bad...

First Frankie, then Leon, now Reuben
Dudes, everybody follow the rules until Saturday!!!

JW

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Very short story..
I was once stopped on a rural highway. Pulled over with one wheel in the dirt/loose gravel. Was humble, confessed to wrongdoing, talked my way out of it. He liked the car.

He said 'get out of here, but don't screw up again.'
I took off, and my limited slip diff hooked up on the dirt wheel and threw gravel all over the front of his cruiser. I just pulled over and laid my head on the steering wheel and he drove by laughing.
Life is good. Just treat them like you would like to be treated. Sometimes they pop you, but if you give a reason not to some will use it. Congrats Juan. (my clutch may blow Saturday... it's squealing like a pig again)
JW

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Dave - I know, but I don't know if it'll work with the Fluidyne. Also, whatever I do, I want it to be easily removable because it's coming off as soon as I leave the court.

TonyMo87 - I'm 24.

Ruben - Sorry to hear that. I would've been going A LOT faster if I had 550 pushing me instead of 450.

SilverSnake - Those are the rules I live by when it comes to playing with my car on the street. I've been pulled over 9 times. 4 of those for speeding. I've gotten 2 fix-it-tickets, and 1 out-of-state speeding ticket (Damned Nevada State LEO :cuss: ... well I WAS going 85 in a 75, but it was 6am and there was NO ONE else around).

I did what I was supposed to do, but I still thank God.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Hey James, not only did I accidentally rev the MagnaPaks (111dB) while he was writing the ticket, but I was pulled over right in front of a big 4-way STOP sign, and as I pulled away, the damned tires chirped on the paint for the crosswalk. I just short shifted into 2nd and looked in the mirror, praying they weren't coming after me again.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Juan, it's an easy on/off, and to quote Johnnie Cochran (You may need him in the future) if it don't fit, we'll modify it.

A Mechanical engineer I work with and I came up with the design, and we are prepared to make tweaks for fitment on HE's and Lightning's, if somebody in a brick will slow down long enough for me to take a look see...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I know i should get one....just so that i give no reason for any cops to stop me. Plus 65bucks or so its worth it......plus if u dont go that route how else? Drill into the bumper :nonono:

stang99

So, your illegal no front plate attitude actually saved you from a serious exhibition of speed citation? What's wrong with this picture? If you'd had a big ugly front plate like me, I guess you'd have received an expensive ticket. We'll see how easy it will be to get your car signed off on with a front plate that can be easily removed after the inspection. They weren't born yesterday, you know. As for the exhaust, that might have been why he pulled you over since he heard you take off, but, they don't seem to write many tickets for loud exhausts.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
P, I guess you may be right, no plate saved me. I know he heard the exhaust because I took it up to ~6800 in 1st and the somewhere over 6000 in 2nd. I didn't take off from the stop sign though, I just rolled through and took off once I was already way passed the intersection. It was a roll from 15-20. The cop must've been in line at the stop sign on the street I crossed. No more blasts down the streets of Downey for me.

03DOHC

Established Member
You were very fortunate. Good for you! :-D

I try not to go fast in areas with stop signs and houses. There's one on ramp that's below freeway level, away from houses, and can't be seen from the intersection, that I practice my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread