My 1st Dyno of the Cobra

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Well I stopped in to one of the local dyno's today to get a baseline dyno before the modding begins. The car is bone stock down to the factory air filter, here's the results.

Temp: 68
Dyno type: Mustang Dynamometer

Best pull: 346.8rwhp @ 6250RPM
339.0rwtq @ 4000RPM

AF Ratio: 10.8 @ peak

Boost: 8.75 to 9psi

I'm pretty happy with those #'s, now thw modding can begin!

:rockon:

JRock

Established Member
I guess the '03s vary more on the dyno, eh? I see some people saying 360+whp stock can be put down from a Cobra.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
it is strange, i know that it is suppose to vary from car to car, but i see some people puting down 370+ stock, and some in the 330's thats over 40hp difference.. that makes no sense!

marc

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Probably low due to it being a mustang dyno. You are used to the dyno jet numbers. Im sure there's a conversion factor from mustang dyno to dynojet dyno.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
From what I've read, those are pretty damn good numbers for a MUSTANG DYNO! There are diff types of dynos and the one you used puts out the lowest numbers but there is a formula to give the DYNO JET figs. Somewhat like the diff between engne hp rating and rwhp ratings. Just a diff way of measuring.

Last edited:

Slobra

Established Member
I pulled 350/350 on my car, but that was only with 500 miles on the clock. I figure once I get the ported supercharger, chip, x-pipe then I should be good to go.... ;)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Research "Mustang Dyno" on Google...

Originally posted by JRock
I guess the '03s vary more on the dyno, eh? I see some people saying 360+whp stock can be put down from a Cobra.
Open mouth, insert foot :thumbsup:

P.S. My car made 367 RWHP stock and sig number with break-in miles and CAI/Catback :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great numbers for a Mustang dyno'd Cobra. My stock numbers on a Dynojet were 363rwhp. A friend of mine here is CT made 392rwhp on a Dynojet. Definitely one of the highest I've heard of. By the way, we've seen a range of 350s to 390s on Dynojets.

Users who are viewing this thread