My 1993 Foxbody Build.

Venom351R

Established Member
Right, make huge numbers but sound like butt.

Friend of mine has a Gen 2 in his 2013 Stage 2 Roush. Probably the worst sounding car I've ever heard, Long tubes, no cats... just this annoying raspy sound. I tell him it sounds like shit all the time
Sweet man, congrats, I'm sure it will be a fantastic build and I'll be following along.

Thanks! Not much going on with it now but I'm working on getting the garage heated for the winter so I can do a lot more with it as there's a long list of things that need to be done and I'd rather be doing it when I wont be driving it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They do sound like ass compared to a Terminator or even regular 4v

I get it, being all you'll be able to do is hear and see the Gen 3's exhaust pipes if youre driving a 4v while racing a coyote.

I'd put in a 2v engine before a coyote

Stupidest post of the day. Coyote sounds like ass, fully agree, but don't go full retard please.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing wrong with a SBF and a turbo but my ‘93 Cobra is getting a Coyote. I prefer power to sound but I’ll be trying to make the Coyote sound good.

Should be a nice project.
What fuel do you plan on running?
Might consider more than 9.5:1
I’ve built three 427W strokers and you can’t really go too big on induction.
Which intake?
Keeping the Holley EFI?
-J

MG0h3

Established Member
Little early on the tires no? Going to be dry and flat spotted to hell a year and a half from now.

Agree on Coyotes sounding like shit. And so ****ing loud. I always prepare to cover my ears if I can hear one coming.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Venom351R

Established Member
Nothing wrong with a SBF and a turbo but my ‘93 Cobra is getting a Coyote. I prefer power to sound but I’ll be trying to make the Coyote sound good.

Should be a nice project.
What fuel do you plan on running?
Might consider more than 9.5:1
I’ve built three 427W strokers and you can’t really go too big on induction.
Which intake?
Keeping the Holley EFI?
-J

Fuel will be pump 93. Maybe in the next 10 years we might get E85 up here. The fuel system will be able to handle E85 but I'm not banking on being able to run it for awhile. I'll do the LMR fuel system with the 340lph pump. I'm definitely keeping the Holly Terminator X. I went back and edited the post after writing it because I forgot to mention it had the Terminator X system in it and that was above the part where I said everything listed above is being sold.
I'll most likely run the Holly Systemax intake. I wanted to run the GT40 just for the looks but the more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense with as shitty it would perform on top of a 363 and people pay stupid prices for them so might as well sell it to fund the rest of the build. I could have gone with more cubes if I wanted to stroke a 351W but I really wanted to keep it a 8.2 deck and the power this combo will make with a turbo would not have warranted bigger cubes anyway for the goals I want with it. This engine alone will make in the 400 range NA and with not much boost will get me into the 600-700 range which is where I want to be with it. Regardless this will be a better built engine capable of making more power than a Gen 3 Coyote before having to take extra measures to ensure its survival.
Little early on the tires no? Going to be dry and flat spotted to hell a year and a half from now.

Agree on Coyotes sounding like shit. And so ****ing loud. I always prepare to cover my ears if I can hear one coming.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The wheels / tires will be going on over the winter. I'll most likely stop driving it in October unless winter comes early. Being that the tires are not mounted on anything sitting on a pallet in my basement I'm not too worried about flat spots / dry rot. The plan was to do the 5 lug swap this summer which is why I bought all of the stuff a little while ago.
The brakes suck pretty bad so it was one of the first things I wanted to address and I was just going to drop it off at the shop I had taken the Cobra to in the past because between work and vacations and wanting to drive it during the summer VS working on it I figured the shop could do it sooner than I'd be able to fit it in around everything else. But the shop has kind of given me the cold shoulder after offering to sell my Cobra back to me ( I sold it to them back in March ) and when I had zero interest in buying it back so they have ghosted me since then, at least that's how it appears from my end. And being that I recently screwed my back up which I'm still recovering from I figured I'd push the 5 lug swap off until this winter. Black interior swap / Pulling the engine and painting the engine bay / 5 lug swap is what I plan on doing for the winter months. Also have all new hard brake lines front / rear so when its all said and done it should stop quite well.

Venom351R

Established Member
Bit more info on the Dart SHP blocks. First video is directly from the guy building my engine. Video says unavailable but just click the link that says watch on youtube.

Same cubes / Intake I'll be running but I'm not limiting myself with a smog legal camshaft and this one has AFR 185s and mine is getting AFR 205's but gives you a ball park figure at least.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Few of the parts I've gathered so far. Cadillac 4 piston brembo's, Cobra brake booster and master cylinder, new rotors front and rear ( getting rid of the drums in the back) 31 spline differential and 31 spline moser axles ( not pictured ) SVE Saleen wheels and Toyo R888R's 295/35/18
View attachment 1804666View attachment 1804667View attachment 1804668View attachment 1804669View attachment 1804670View attachment 1804671View attachment 1804672

Curious -

1) Why Caddy Brembo calipers, did you get a better deal sourcing those than say getting S550 or Porsche Brembos? I mean, I know some of the Brembo calipers have the same piston configurations and are used across many other vehicle platforms, just wondering.

2) What "Cobra" booster did you purchase? What year Cobra, 93?

Venom351R

Established Member
Curious -

1) Why Caddy Brembo calipers, did you get a better deal sourcing those than say getting S550 or Porsche Brembos? I mean, I know some of the Brembo calipers have the same piston configurations and are used across many other vehicle platforms, just wondering.

2) What "Cobra" booster did you purchase? What year Cobra, 93?

1.Because they were $120 each on amazon

2. 93 Cobra booster

Venom351R

Established Member
Good cost savings on the Brembos! I was thinking maybe your choice was due to price shopping.

I could have used my 04 Cobra brakes I still had but really wanted a bigger brake kit on it. The S&S kit to have the cadalic brembos work was $175. Still costs much less than a S500 or other brembo set up

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I could have used my 04 Cobra brakes I still had but really wanted a bigger brake kit on it. The S&S kit to have the cadalic brembos work was $175. Still costs much less than a S500 or other brembo set up
I sold my Cobra brakes to move to the ATS Brembos as well with that kit and I don't regret it. If I'm honest, it's mostly cosmetic as I didn't NEED more brake power but I love the way it looks.

Venom351R

Established Member
I sold my Cobra brakes to move to the ATS Brembos as well with that kit and I don't regret it. If I'm honest, it's mostly cosmetic as I didn't NEED more brake power but I love the way it looks.

I mostly wanted it for the looks as well. I'll always take more braking power though even if it was needed or not.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
The only reason I would buy a fox is to put a yote in it.

Beautiful car, OP! Turbo SBF will be great! I’ll be keeping up with this thread.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fuel will be pump 93. Maybe in the next 10 years we might get E85 up here. The fuel system will be able to handle E85 but I'm not banking on being able to run it for awhile. I'll do the LMR fuel system with the 340lph pump. I'm definitely keeping the Holly Terminator X. I went back and edited the post after writing it because I forgot to mention it had the Terminator X system in it and that was above the part where I said everything listed above is being sold.
I'll most likely run the Holly Systemax intake. I wanted to run the GT40 just for the looks but the more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense with as shitty it would perform on top of a 363 and people pay stupid prices for them so might as well sell it to fund the rest of the build. I could have gone with more cubes if I wanted to stroke a 351W but I really wanted to keep it a 8.2 deck and the power this combo will make with a turbo would not have warranted bigger cubes anyway for the goals I want with it. This engine alone will make in the 400 range NA and with not much boost will get me into the 600-700 range which is where I want to be with it. Regardless this will be a better built engine capable of making more power than a Gen 3 Coyote before having to take extra measures to ensure its survival.

The wheels / tires will be going on over the winter. I'll most likely stop driving it in October unless winter comes early. Being that the tires are not mounted on anything sitting on a pallet in my basement I'm not too worried about flat spots / dry rot. The plan was to do the 5 lug swap this summer which is why I bought all of the stuff a little while ago.
The brakes suck pretty bad so it was one of the first things I wanted to address and I was just going to drop it off at the shop I had taken the Cobra to in the past because between work and vacations and wanting to drive it during the summer VS working on it I figured the shop could do it sooner than I'd be able to fit it in around everything else. But the shop has kind of given me the cold shoulder after offering to sell my Cobra back to me ( I sold it to them back in March ) and when I had zero interest in buying it back so they have ghosted me since then, at least that's how it appears from my end. And being that I recently screwed my back up which I'm still recovering from I figured I'd push the 5 lug swap off until this winter. Black interior swap / Pulling the engine and painting the engine bay / 5 lug swap is what I plan on doing for the winter months. Also have all new hard brake lines front / rear so when its all said and done it should stop quite well.
I used E85 in my race car. Good stuff, but a PITA to get here in Maine. I tried to get more shipped to me here in Maine and they (One Ethanol 117 Octane) would only ship 4 barrels at a time. Which is stupid. 2 of the barrels would go bad before I could use them. Plus the shipping was insane. I will be switching back to C16, even though it is $25+ a gallon, at least I can get it locally (Winterport Raceways)
My current build is a 365 cid SBF at 11:1 compression with a Kenne Bell S/C (2.8LQ) and a custom air/water I/C making 20 lbs of boost. Should be around 1,400 HP. I have a bigger KB blower (4.2LQ) on the way with a Hogans sheetmetal Intake made for it. That would make 40 psi, but I will pulley it down and use the boost controller to keep it a modest 25 or so psi.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Regardless this will be a better built engine capable of making more power than a Gen 3 Coyote before having to take extra measures to ensure its survival.

Yep, I've been down the blown stroker sbf route before. Never again lol

Pffft! 1970's technology till I die bruh!

Users who are viewing this thread