My 1987 Mazda RX7 a concise build thread (LS1 Haters do not enter)

Tispho

Established Member
The color is called laser red, it is a Harley Davidson color. My first choice was candy apple red, but it wasn't being discounted at the time. So I just bought laser red cause it was more cost effective.

I was trying to burn off the bushings, but did not have a torch. Letting the bushings burn by themselves was not working. So I just ended up finding some stuff around the garage to make a tool out of. If it works. It works.

I am also in college right now, so I can not afford to spend an unlimited amount of resources (tuition is expensive). The main reason I did not put wider tires on is because I anticipated that if I do, the rear axle would probably fail. Really all I wanted to do for now was have a car that I could drive on the weekend and enjoy. I sold my Mustang last year because I kept breaking it. After that fiasco I made the decision to have two cars, one daily and one weekend project car. So far it is working out. It is no fun to break your daily driver due to spirited driving. I had to drive a Hyundai Elantra for three months while waiting for my Mustang to be repaired last year. That was not a good experience especially since it was during summer when people actually like to drive.

Stage 2 of this car which I am planning to initiate in a few years involves going turbo, cam, cobra built rear end, roll cage, better seats, and one of those fancy momo steering wheels.

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
dont like that ls1 in there! LOL joking :p on a serious note i love the early rx7s. owner of ford dealer i worked for years ago had a mint rx7 such a cool little car. Man that color is sweet! Awesome work!

Users who are viewing this thread