My '13 gt vs c6 z06

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
So I'm not sure if this counts because I wasn't driving, but it was my car. My buddy borrowed my car to pick up his son from school because I was repairing his car. He pulled up next to a black c6 z06 at a stoplight. The light turned green and the went for it. My buddy is scared of my car so he kept traction control on and took it easy out of the hole. By the end of third he had a solid car and they both let out. He was smiling for like an hour after he got back!

Last edited:

Psiadd1ct

Established Member
Nice race, can't believe you let people drive your car! Is your friend atleast used to alot of power? Car must move very well, need to get some 1/4 times man, you thinking like high 120s?

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member

Nice race, can't believe you let people drive your car! Is your friend atleast used to alot of power? Car must move very well, need to get some 1/4 times man, you thinking like high 120s?

Thanks. He's got a '13 boss that he lets me drive whenever, so it's no big deal when he wants to take my car. I'm thinking mid 120s with these tires 130 ish with some stickies. I want to go to the track but the closest track is an hour away, so I never make it out there. I'll get there this year.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
No vids and you weren't the driver...likely wrong section as you should only post your kill stories.

If true then congrats but I doubt he would take a c6z06 with TC on and easing out of the hole?

But like everyone says anything can happen on the street.

I would tend to believe a roll race win more than a dig race against a z06

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
No vids and you weren't the driver...likely wrong section as you should only post your kill stories.

If true then congrats but I doubt he would take a c6z06 with TC on and easing out of the hole?

But like everyone says anything can happen on the street.

I would tend to believe a roll race win more than a dig race against a z06

Yeah it seems pretty far fetched considering my car has at least 100 more horsepower to the wheels than the stock z06. I guess I'll believe him any way.:rolling:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Yeah it seems pretty far fetched considering my car has at least 100 more horsepower to the wheels than the stock z06. I guess I'll believe him any way.:rolling:

So you know the the Z06 was stock and you have at least 100 more RWHP?

Please post your numbers.

Also the z06 has at least a 400 pound weight advantage.

Plus a dig race?

Sorry not buying it without more info. Especially if you weren't even there?

racebronco2

Established Member
So you know the the Z06 was stock and you have at least 100 more RWHP?

Please post your numbers.

Also the z06 has at least a 400 pound weight advantage.

Plus a dig race?

Sorry not buying it without more info. Especially if you weren't even there?

Most ZO6 owners don't know how to launch their cars, you haven't seen any of the Past Time episodes where some of the cars are about a second slower then you think they would be? Spinnin' ain't winnin'.

Pntbll309

Established Member
Most z06 owners don't know how to drive? Are you that retarded enough to say such a blanket statement? Oh wait. Yes you are.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Most z06 owners don't know how to drive? Are you that retarded enough to say such a blanket statement? Oh wait. Yes you are.

I might believe it from a hole-shot if the Z didn't know how to launch his car properly (which is highly likely), but considering it came from your friend, there's no video, and the Z06 is launching on 300+ rear-width tires and weighs 400 lbs less, I think we can all agree that this story should have stayed off the board.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I might believe it from a hole-shot if the Z didn't know how to launch his car properly (which is highly likely), but considering it came from your friend, there's no video, and the Z06 is launching on 300+ rear-width tires and weighs 400 lbs less, I think we can all agree that this story should have stayed off the board.

I will wait for OP to post his numbers but I suspect the Z06 didn't know they were racing right away

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
although this forum is full of enthusiasts and outlaw 10.5 gear jammers, most people besides some on this site who can afford a c6 z (although reasonably priced now) are in their late 40s to early 50s, they all say the car has balls because the brochure and on paper says so, but most do not know how to launch that car properly..hell throw half of you in it including me and we would all spin unless we had a few hours of proper seat time...so this story is sort of believeable and i feel this black death character is beyond breaking balls and should shut his mouth..the OP did not brag or say anything stupid..very modest and fair so relax u hams..numbers this and that, a well tuned odyssey mini van would wax a 400+ whp car who doesnt know what the hell they are doing from a dig to about 35 mph..

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member

Made it to the track. Best time was 11.8 at 122 with a 2.3x 60'. I didn't think it would be this hard to drive:fm:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill for your car. I would think with slicks your car would be in the 10s with some track time. What kind of numbers are you putting down?

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Nice kill for your car. I would think with slicks your car would be in the 10s with some track time. What kind of numbers are you putting down?

With the procharger base tune it made 533 with the h.o. Kit. The stage II tune was done off the dyno so I'm not sure really. I can tell you this, if I powershifted I was sideways in fourth at the track. I was pretty disappointed with the overall performance last night. Spent most of the night in the high 12's at 115s. Really couldn't go past half throttle. Got my one good run against a zl1.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If O.P wasn't able to get traction at all in his car at the track, I would imagine the street to be even worse!!
2 hard surface's does not = traction.
Like someone posted, the Z06 probably didn't take off right away and the GT got the advantage. Even if you were making 550-560 on a 36-3700lbs car (even heavier since you are S/C now), you would still have a hard time pulling from him. I have seen even more ridiculous kills online, have even had some myself where I was supposed to lose but somehow ended up winning :shrug:

Nonetheless good kill your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread