My 10 year old sons first SX race on his Raptor 125

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
My son had hist first race on the Raptor this weekend and did awesome. The Raptor was a little under powered, but since the track is pretty tight and he was the most aggressive kid on the jumps, he made up for it and won both Motos.

Unfortunately his Elka shocks I ordered a few weeks ago didn't make here in time, but it didn't seem to slow him down. I'm sure his body will appreciate it when they do get put on though. haha

Here is a video of him along the back stretch at practice Friday night.

Raptor 125 SX Practice - YouTube

Here is the video I put together real quick from their 2nd moto.

2012 Raptor 125 SX race at NCMP 3-23-13 - YouTube

One more short vid of him and the other kids on the back stretch of track during the first moto.

Raptor 125 SX moto1 NCMP 3-23-13 - YouTube

Here's a pic one of the moms of the other kids took of him.

SXjump3-23-13_zps40dd2f02.jpg

I'm starting to not feel so bad about selling the Cobra to fund all this stuff now. The whole family is having a blast and it's keeping him off the PS3. haha

In a few years when the kids don't want anything to do with us anymore, I'll be getting another car though. lol

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Nice! Can't wait till my son starts racing... He's 3 now so a dirt bike is for sure in his near future...

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Nice! Can't wait till my son starts racing... He's 3 now so a dirt bike is for sure in his near future...
Thanks. My 6 year old daughter wants to race now too. Is it wrong that I would rather her race quads than ride horses? haha

nice, looked like he got comfortable after the first lap
Thanks, going to the practice session Friday night really helped him out. The first time he nailed the back side jump wide open in 3rd gear, I about shit myself, then started giggling like a little girl. haha

Sick, just imagine if he had a bike that was just as fast as the comp. he would be killing it !
Thanks. After a few races I am probably gonna start tweaking it a bit to see how much more reliable power we can get out of it. You know I can't leave it alone for long. haha

BTW, the one kid in the video that was ahead of him was in a bigger class riding a Raptor 250, but since he was the only one in his class, they let him race with our kids on the smaller quads.

Last edited:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Nice! I tried getting my brother into this but he just doesn't seem as intrested. Riding in a track isn't for the weak I did couple laps locally here and I was TIRED!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's quite a photo. He's got some serious air there. Yeah, enjoy them while they're young because all too soon they want their independence. LOL!

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Nice! I tried getting my brother into this but he just doesn't seem as intrested. Riding in a track isn't for the weak I did couple laps locally here and I was TIRED!
ya, it def shows you just how fat or old you pretty quick.

That's quite a photo. He's got some serious air there. Yeah, enjoy them while they're young because all too soon they want their independence. LOL!

Thanks, ya, he was def letting it rip.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
My son rides a punched out TRX90 that I built him. 114cc,high comp 12:1,cam,Carb ect it rolls out.
Its alot of fun watching them ride.
Have fun!

Thanks. ya my son started on a Honda 90 that we put the CHP Privateer 115 kit on which really made good power, but the chassis on them costs so much to upgrade that i was able to buy the raptor for less than the suspension mods of the honda. Now I just gotta wake up the Raptor.
I'm probably gonna sell the honda since he never wants to ride it anymore.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
My God that brought back some good memories.

Looks like he's doing a great job.

Almost clearing the table top on a 125!

Thanks. Ya, he is pushing that little 125 to the limit on a few of those jumps.

These just came in yesterday. They should help soften his landing tremendously and hopefully keep his frame in one piece! Although, I could have almost bought a whole new quad for how much they cost!

2013-03-26171021_zps5c408247.jpg

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
I have talked to you before about this and you know that I think its awesome that you spend the time and energy to do this with your son. I do the same thing with my son and we have a great time together doing it. If more parents would do stuff like this with their kids there would be alot less kids doing bad things.
I spend alot of money racing with my son and wouldnt change it for the world.:beer:

we are actually leaving know for a LL qualifier. Have fun!
My boy at birch creek,the tack I was telling you about.
603080_443483982371441_2028263489_n_zpsa0d015c0.jpg

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
That's an awesome picture. He's really gettin down in it. We never made it to Brich creek. I think the D13 races they do are Bike only, no ATV's.
Next weekend, we are going to ECMX for awards and free ride, then heading to NCMP for race 2 of the Nite SX races, and leaving there to go to Busco to ride for fun for a couple days. The motorhome is gonna get a workout on the 6th of April! haha

Good luck at the LL qualifier. I've watched videos from the nationals, they are no joke.
I agree, I wouldn't change all the $ I'm spending on this hobby for the word. It's awesome family time that no one is trying to get out of. haha

Hopefully we will get a chance to ride at the same place at the same time.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
He has been getting quicker on the little Raptor. It's still under powered, but we are working on it. lol

Here are some videos and pictures from the race this past Saturday at NCMP in NC.

Here is moto 1 from NCMP Saturday nite SX. Braden was chasing David around the track and had a mishap in the whoops section. He almost went over the handle bars and when he came back down his foot got caught behind the nerf bar. He wasn't hurt, but started screaming from frustration I guess. We had a talk about it, it wont happen again. lol

Raptor 125 chasing DRR at NCMP SX 6-8-13 - YouTube

This is the video of moto 2 when Braden was trailing David again and they got together in one of the turns and David rolled over. He wasn't hurt and got right back on and started chasing Braden again like a true champ.

Raptor 125 wrecks DRR at SX NCMP 6-8-13 - YouTube

Here are some pics.

DSC04908_zpsaaccb0a4.jpg

DSC04900_zpsed65a48e.jpg

DSC04894_zps2160614d.jpg

DSC04892_zps9d9813db.jpg

DSC04888_zps636a3f9a.jpg

DSC04882_zpsafc86b8a.jpg

DSC04840_zps980166e0.jpg

DSC04841_zpsdab5fe19.jpg

DSC04955_zps18783fe5.jpg

jleews6

Established Member
Thats awesome! It looks like he riding good and those trophies are something that he will look back on when he gets older. All mine got thrown out and now I make sure that we save every one that my son gets.
This past weekend was the pro ATV nationals at birch creek. I was told that there was some good racing.

Users who are viewing this thread