My 1/18 scale Mystic...

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Here are some pics of my "custom" Maisto Cobra. The color is more like the '96 Mystic than the Mystichrome of '04. It's as close as I could find...

Hogger

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I wish somebody would do some sonic blue verts:(

Looks very nice hogger

Last edited:

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Postban, I wouldn't mind a sonic vert too.
bborder, I did it myself.

Hogger

florida03

Banned
I like !
That third pic looks like a real Mystic.
I got the Maisto black 03 and the 05.
I also picked up a Shelby 500 Cobra.
Got the 05 from diecastfast.com.
Anyways looks great!

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
bassin247, I used the Dupli-Color "Mystify" kit. It is a three part kit...base coat, color coat and clear coat. Different colors are available. The purple/green was the one I felt was closest to Ford's Mystic.

Hogger

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
It actually comes apart quite easily. There is a couple of hidden screws on the bottom but after you find those, it's pretty easy.

Hogger

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Yup, Borlas are installed. ;-) I tried to duplicate the factory orange peel in the paint but didn't have much success! :-D

Hogger

snakeyes

Established Member
Looks great! Now you need to do the seat inserts.

Last edited:

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Thanks snakeyes, I thought of doing the inserts but wasn't sure if it would turn out or not. Guess I chickened out. ;-)

Hogger

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
terminatd, I wasn't able to save the decals but I had an old decal sheet from the Revell/Monogram 1/24 '99 Cobra plastic kit. Although they were a different scale, they seemed to work well....even the back plate! This kit can sometimes be found fairly cheap at Wal-mart. Hope this helps!

Hogger

Matt M PA

Established Member
For all of use with a digital camera...it's really easy to make your own license for the models.

Just take a pic of your real tag and print it out to the see you need. A little spritz of spray adhesive and viola..you got your tag. For that matter, I guess you could do the radio, A/C controls, instruments that way too.

This whole thread reminds me that I want to do a silver version on the the red model that is available.

(Now..with a little doll house carpet for the floor and maybe a bit of the self adhesive velour paper for the seat iserts...hmmm.......too many years of modelling dies hard, huh?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread