My 08 C6 vs Nissan GT-R

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I was on my way to work this morning in the Vette, and I see a car coming up real fast, and it turned out to be a Nissan GT-R :-D I normally don't like to mess around too much but I couldn't resist :lol: He looked over and smiled and so did I, I quickly downshifted to 3rd gear approximately at 70mph and from there we proceeded to do a quick pull to approximately 120 and the front of his car was at my door with me slowly pulling away still. We both exchanged thumbs up and continued our way. My car is bone stock and keep in mind, I have a 1LT model, which is the lightest model C6 you can get asides from a C6 Z06. It also has the LS3 motor. The shipping weight on my car was 3174lbs. I'm sure that the GT-R was stock as well. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the GT-R considering the weight and the all wheel drive :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Damn impressive for the GTR to be so close at high speeds. You would have widened the gap I'm sure had you gone faster. Good kill broughski:dancenana:

I cant wait to try my luck with one!

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Congrats...I am sooooo waiting to crush one myself, I bet that was one of the best runs you have had in a while, go bowtie!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I would like to run into some c6s or GTR's around here but they are usually no where to be seen or the Vette owners never want to mess around. Good kill!!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
NICE KILL!

The GTR's are the real deal. I raced one about 2 months ago in my GT 500 from ~50mph to 125 mph and put ~ 3 car lengths on him. I was impressed with it.

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member
The GT-R is a cool car and all but my boy (a ricer) seems to think it is THE CAR. His argument was PRICE. MSRP is 65k he says, but in all the mags i've seen it is 75k-80k. But without the AWD it wouldn't be anything to sweat over for a GT500 or modded cobra. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread