My 04 Terminator and 04 Mach 1 going to Mecum Harrisburg

Grady

Established Member
I have decided to sell my 04 Screaming Yellow Conv. with 11K and my 04 Mach 1 Azure blue with 10K . The selling fees are high, but the exposure is second to none. I also don’t have to sell. This is very hard for me to do, but for now the right decision. All I have to do now is write up the detailed descriptions and pictures. Wish me luck. This will give you guys a good idea of the market for these cars. My two cars are as nice as they come. I wholesaled cars for a living, so I am not exaggerating. I will post again when they are listed on Mecum with Picts. Thought you guys would like to follow this process. Jack

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Well, the auction market actually distorts values considerably. You, most likely, have good examples of each car. Some think their, not-so in good shape, cars are now worth what yours are. Ask dumb prices and refuse to sell, because "did you see what that car sold for on tv?". Haha. Not knocking your idea at all. I hope you pull solid coin for each. It benefits those who have and want to sell, but hurts those who are trying to find one.
Auctions are fun to watch to see a bunch of different and cool vehicles. I hate what it has done to the car value market though. Hell,
Look at fox body prices now. Obscene!

Grady

Established Member
Well, the auction market actually distorts values considerably. You, most likely, have good examples of each car. Some think their, not-so in good shape, cars are now worth what yours are. Ask dumb prices and refuse to sell, because "did you see what that car sold for on tv?". Haha. Not knocking your idea at all. I hope you pull solid coin for each. It benefits those who have and want to sell, but hurts those who are trying to find one.
Auctions are fun to watch to see a bunch of different and cool vehicles. I hate what it has done to the car value market though. Hell,
Look at fox body prices now. Obscene!

Grady

Established Member
Actually, I have to disagree with you. I made my living wholesaling cars at Manheim Auto Auction The auction gives you more true value, there are more bidders for the car as displayed as per miles, condition and originality which give you more of an idea what buyers are looking for in that make and model vehicle. The more original the car, the more the price will dictate the true value of that car as produced at the factory. When you do a lot of mods to a car, you are taking away the buyers for original cars. They are much more collectible in original form. I know guys like to do a lot of mods and that’s fine if that is what you want, but then you need a buyer that wants a car with the mods you did which cuts out a lot of buyers. And for me it is fine to agree to disagree. Jack

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely come back here after the auction and let us know how you made out.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Actually, I have to disagree with you. I made my living wholesaling cars at Manheim Auto Auction The auction gives you more true value, there are more bidders for the car as displayed as per miles, condition and originality which give you more of an idea what buyers are looking for in that make and model vehicle. The more original the car, the more the price will dictate the true value of that car as produced at the factory. When you do a lot of mods to a car, you are taking away the buyers for original cars. They are much more collectible in original form. I know guys like to do a lot of mods and that’s fine if that is what you want, but then you need a buyer that wants a car with the mods you did which cuts out a lot of buyers. And for me it is fine to agree to disagree. Jack

For everyone out there that "likes to argue" on the web, read this reply. That is how you speak to your opinion and give reasons behind it, without being silly about it.
The Manhein in "Columbus", just on the edge of GC, is not too far from me. I agree that those types of auctions will give you more of an idea, but the televised ones sometimes get the drunk guy with too much money bidding things up. I agree with most of what you said, but I just think it's funny how everyone points to a good/excellent example of a vehicle and decide their car is worth the same. Even in different condition and mileage. And yes, the more original the better at times.
The resto-mods are getting big money now too. I hope you get a ton of money for your cars too man. Good for those of us with them!!
Please post some pics of your cars....please and thanks.

Grady

Established Member
For everyone out there that "likes to argue" on the web, read this reply. That is how you speak to your opinion and give reasons behind it, without being silly about it.
The Manhein in "Columbus", just on the edge of GC, is not too far from me. I agree that those types of auctions will give you more of an idea, but the televised ones sometimes get the drunk guy with too much money bidding things up. I agree with most of what you said, but I just think it's funny how everyone points to a good/excellent example of a vehicle and decide their car is worth the same. Even in different condition and mileage. And yes, the more original the better at times.
The resto-mods are getting big money now too. I hope you get a ton of money for your cars too man. Good for those of us with them!!
Please post some pics of your cars....please and thanks.

Grady

Established Member
Shadow, I forgot to mention this to you. I now work security here at the auction. I still have my access card to look at post sale reports. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I think it was the end of March a 03 or 04 Silver coupe, I forget showed up here. Mileage was 38k. If I would have known it was here I would have made it a point to look that car over top to bottom. The car sold for $30,000 on the nose and remember this is strictly dealer only which I thought was big money for that car. I watch the post sale every week and there are very few show up. These cars are definitely on the rise. I do not know how to post picts on here but if you give me your e-mail I will shoot you a lot of very detailed picts including under carriage which I am very proud of. I love my cars. My e-mail is gradytoo@comcast .net. I will send you picts of both cars. Jack

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
So, no auction this year? Just pulled this from Mecum.

AUCTION
Due to the slow re-opening of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and state and local restrictions that remain in place, the Harrisburg 2021 auction event, originally scheduled for July 28-31, 2021, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has been postponed until 2022.

I have decided to sell my 04 Screaming Yellow Conv. with 11K and my 04 Mach 1 Azure blue with 10K . The selling fees are high, but the exposure is second to none. I also don’t have to sell. This is very hard for me to do, but for now the right decision. All I have to do now is write up the detailed descriptions and pictures. Wish me luck. This will give you guys a good idea of the market for these cars. My two cars are as nice as they come. I wholesaled cars for a living, so I am not exaggerating. I will post again when they are listed on Mecum with Picts. Thought you guys would like to follow this process. Jack
When is the auction? @Grady

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Didn’t know that Pennsylvania still has COVID-19 restrictions in place that affect outdoor venues. And it was going to be in July!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread