My 03 DSG Mach 1 MINOR MODS *COMING SOON*

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Little thread to update as I put some work into the 03 mach.

As it sits today completely bone stock. Got temps on it going for personalized license plate "MOCKED" hope to get/order this week.

20131125_181829_zps38a4e11b.jpg

Currently sitting in garage since we got a ton of snow on the ground

Messenger_5815125147175935042_13864338749862510_zpspjpskwv8.jpg

What I have planned for it...

Full Paint Correction and underbody cleaning although it isn't bad
Bilsteins HDs all the way around (already have)
MM CC Plates (already have)
Undecied on Springs (need to order)
18x9 & 18x10 Silver fr500s (already have) mounted with 265/35/18 Michelin & 295/35/18 NT05s ready to go on! :beer:
MAC Prochamber and Borla Stinger exhaust (already have)
SCT Handheld tuner (already have)
Wrinkle Blue Valve covers with Powered by Ford Coil covers (already have)

teaser pic of valve covers mocked up with coil covers. love this look :)

IMAG2029_zpsyyxpoeij.jpg

Black Friday Zymol Glasur ready to go for full paint correction :rockon:

IMAG2026_zpsflsommfy.jpg

nothing has changed just thought i would share a little with you guys. i will update this as i get more parts in and when we start putting parts on this thing

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its a 5spd car you NEED to get the MGW shifter, it takes some getting used to but youll love it

0Mach3

Established Member
Dear God, I've gotta have the valve cover/coil cover combo. How much were the coil covers new from Ford if you don't mind me asking?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
if its a 5spd car you NEED to get the MGW shifter, it takes some getting used to but youll love it

it is a 5 spd. and everybody keeps telling me this. are they that nice? i don't have a problem with the regular shifter though.

Dear God, I've gotta have the valve cover/coil cover combo. How much were the coil covers new from Ford if you don't mind me asking?

well interesting story about those. check yours pms

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
it is a 5 spd. and everybody keeps telling me this. are they that nice? i don't have a problem with the regular shifter though.

well interesting story about those. check yours pms

The factory shifter is pretty awful. It's sloppy and too long in my opinion. I bought a Tri-Ax right after we got our Mach and its a huge improvement. MGW seems pretty popular as well. I went with the steeda shifter because I had one in my last mustang and liked it a lot.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
The factory shifter is pretty awful. It's sloppy and too long in my opinion. I bought a Tri-Ax right after we got our Mach and its a huge improvement. MGW seems pretty popular as well. I went with the steeda shifter because I had one in my last mustang and liked it a lot.
i will have to look into other shifters. i have always loved hurst short throw in the s197s anything like that for mach?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think hurst does make one

I had a pro 5.0 for a while and decided to try the MGW, it was as much of an improvement over the pro 5.0 as the pro 5.0 was over stock imho

CY-Mach1

Mach Rider
Established Member
I have a hurst billet plus in my mach; There is chrome stick package available if that's what your looking for. This looks stock but has a higher pivot point and shortens the throw substantially. I didn't miss shifts with the factory shifter; but really disliked the reach for 5th and wanted a short positive throw. I've been rocking this mod for almost 10 years with no complaints.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I have a hurst billet plus in my mach; There is chrome stick package available if that's what your looking for. This looks stock but has a higher pivot point and shortens the throw substantially. I didn't miss shifts with the factory shifter; but really disliked the reach for 5th and wanted a short positive throw. I've been rocking this mod for almost 10 years with no complaints.
hmm i may have to look into that and i dont have any complaints so far with stock shifter but i have only put 600ish miles on it and 99% of it was just casual driving only been on it a couple of times

starnsey

Established Member
How in the world did you get those valve covers from Ford? Thought they've been discontinued for years? And I know the coil covers are discontinued for sure.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
license plate "MOCKED" ordered today too bad i will have to wait til spring to drive it. although i did back it out of garage today and let engine run for a bit

0Mach3

Established Member
Every time I talk to you I can't help but think how similar your experience is to mine so far. I picked up mine a couple months ago with 13k miles.

When I got it back:

IMG_7481800x600_zpse2679366.jpg

IMG_7482800x600_zps55c78a05.jpg

Did a full paint correction on it:

39fcc4cb-e594-4e9f-8be7-a3c53d607430_zps565bf498.jpg

c90bafb3-4bf9-445b-b041-41ca0e562f5e_zps975055cd.jpg

18"x9/10" Chrome FR500's

IMG_8100_zps2ab788d3.jpg

Mine also already had the Hurst shifter installed when I bought it...along with Borla Stingers and a Bassani Catted X. I personally really like the contrast the hurst shifter brings to the dark interior. Only thing I might do in the future is cut it down a bit so it's not so tall, and also might fabricate the handle to work an MGW Base instead of the Hurst.

IMG_8002800x600_zpsabce73f4.jpg

Also in that time ordered an Eibach Pro Kit, JLT Carbon Fiber RAI, FRPP 4.10's. Got everything installed, and got a custom tune. And here's how she sits today!

IMG_8188800x600_zps75e24157.jpg

Already have an eaton swap lined up at a great price, and that's really all I have planned for the near future...Hoping to do that closer to summer time!

You're gonna love it. :beer:

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Every time I talk to you I can't help but think how similar your experience is to mine so far. I picked up mine a couple months ago with 13k miles.

When I got it back:

18"x9/10" Chrome FR500's

IMG_8100_zps2ab788d3.jpg

Mine also already had the Hurst shifter installed when I bought it...along with Borla Stingers and a Bassani Catted X. I personally really like the contrast the hurst shifter brings to the dark interior. Only thing I might do in the future is cut it down a bit so it's not so tall, and also might fabricate the handle to work an MGW Base instead of the Hurst.

Also in that time ordered an Eibach Pro Kit, JLT Carbon Fiber RAI, FRPP 4.10's. Got everything installed, and got a custom tune. And here's how she sits today!

Already have an eaton swap lined up at a great price, and that's really all I have planned for the near future...Hoping to do that closer to summer time!

That's a beautiful looking car. The interior looks fantastic.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

When I got it back:

18"x9/10" Chrome FR500's

IMG_8100_zps2ab788d3.jpg

looks great man!!

Mine will get that full paint correction after we put all the parts on!

I also highly debated between bassani x with borla or prochamber with borla but in the end i like the deeper tone of the prochamber which i need to order still lol

I will drive in spring with stock shifter and see what i think i really like the interior all stock dont really want to change any of that and that shifter does like crazy tall!

Surprised yours sits the well with pro kit. running no isos?

0Mach3

Established Member
That's a beautiful looking car. The interior looks fantastic.

Thank you, sir. :beer:

looks great man!!

Mine will get that full paint correction after we put all the parts on!

I also highly debated between bassani x with borla or prochamber with borla but in the end i like the deeper tone of the prochamber which i need to order still lol

I will drive in spring with stock shifter and see what i think i really like the interior all stock dont really want to change any of that and that shifter does like crazy tall!

Surprised yours sits the well with pro kit. running no isos?

Paint correction made such a huge difference. Paint has such a deep shine now. Wasn't a fun process at all though, took me probably 15-16 hours...it was relaxing though just popping the ear buds in and listening to some music!

Actually have all iso's in...I was really surprised as well, not gonna lie. Sits a lot better than I thought it would. I actually had taped them up because I was planning on running with no iso's, but changed my mind last minute. Sits a lot lower than I thought it would. Love it!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Paint correction made such a huge difference. Paint has such a deep shine now. Wasn't a fun process at all though, took me probably 15-16 hours...it was relaxing though just popping the ear buds in and listening to some music!

Actually have all iso's in...I was really surprised as well, not gonna lie. Sits a lot better than I thought it would. I actually had taped them up because I was planning on running with no iso's, but changed my mind last minute. Sits a lot lower than I thought it would. Love it!

paint correction takes forever man and I'm so picky i had almost 30 hours into my laser red 2v vert. this mach will probably have that in it easy. and yes ear buds and music help A LOT!

Really? I love it too!! But i am shocked pro kit sits that low. if my h&r super sports sit like that with all isos in i will be happy! :rockon: no steeda ball joints or anything else suspension wise?

Users who are viewing this thread