My 03 cobra vs. 02 Camaro SS

S8ER01Z

Established Member
He more than likely knew what a terminator is... If he thought you had a 2v he would have let you take off first. A full Bolton ls1 is more than capable of running a near stock terminator and a small cam only car can run with a pulley terminator. I'm sure he just didn't expect you to be so modded. Good kill.

Jroc

Established Member
Nice kill, ls1 SS's are nice cars, but not running with a termi!

You throw a well spec'ed cam, and a decent size shot at one and the LS1 4th Gens will F'in run son. I knew a kid with a bone stock 00 Z28 and he would run 13.0/13.1's pretty consistently with that car on budget street tires, but he was a pretty good driver.

I'm not trying to downplay a Terminator or anything, I'm just saying that it doesn't take too much to make a LS1 car run really fast, and if you halfstep to the wrong one they can easily put you in your place.

Good kill OP.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
He more than likely knew what a terminator is... If he thought you had a 2v he would have let you take off first. A full Bolton ls1 is more than capable of running a near stock terminator and a small cam only car can run with a pulley terminator. I'm sure he just didn't expect you to be so modded. Good kill.

+1. But if I am to ever encounter an '03-04 Cobra, I'm assuming from the start full bolt-ons and a pulley, unless otherwise noted.

You throw a well spec'ed cam, and a decent size shot at one and the LS1 4th Gens will F'in run son. I knew a kid with a bone stock 00 Z28 and he would run 13.0/13.1's pretty consistently with that car on budged street tires, but he was a pretty good driver.

I'm not trying to downplay a Terminator or anything, I'm just saying that it doesn't take too much to make a LS1 car run really fast, and if you halfstep to the wrong one they can easily put you in your place.

Good kill OP.

All you really need is one or the other.

But good kill OP!

Jroc

Established Member
All you really need is one or the other.

But good kill OP!

But what if you have both?

I use to know this cat with a 02 WS6. He put a built LQ4/LQ9(one of the iron block 6 liter truck blocks) with some badass heads(I know they weren't AFR's or TFS, but they were suppose to be really good) and I think a custom ground cam, and he built the motor to handle a big shot as opposed to making overly healthy N/A power, and he was running 10.0's on 17" MT ET Streets. The car only made something like 430 N/A whp though. Even had the stock TB on it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
But what if you have both?

I use to know this cat with a 02 WS6. He put a built LQ4/LQ9(one of the iron block 6 liter truck blocks) with some badass heads(I know they weren't AFR's or TFS, but they were suppose to be really good) and I think a custom ground cam, and he built the motor to handle a big shot as opposed to making overly healthy N/A power, and he was running 10.0's on 17" MT ET Streets. The car only made something like 430 N/A whp though. Even had the stock TB on it.

If you have both then more power to you lol. But if all you're doing is aiming for a stock Terminator then it's not necessary. :)

Users who are viewing this thread