My 03 cobra vs. 02 Camaro SS

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I have been seeing this blacked out SS around town this entire spring. My cobra is not my DD but I am lucky enough to see him when I am driving it and he revs at me everytime we pass one another. I always rev back of course and I have even turned around and went hunting for him with no luck.

Finally.... I was on my way in to work on the back roads and came up on him entering town. We rolled up to the 1st stop light coming into town (not a good one for racing...) I had my top down and he had his windows up so I told him to roll down his window and he did while reving up again. I simply said, "lets do this, but somewhere else, this is not the place you know what I mean?" Well, while I was finishing my sentence the light turned green and he slammed it. I was not going to let him get away that easily so I threw out my police watching intuition and by the time I was half way through second gear he heard the entire 03 cobra sound spectrum. Starting with the Eaton Whine; Deep X-Pipe, and last but not least a none baffled howl of my Bassani's. I let up right after I passed and he rolled by somewhat laughing and gave me a thumbs up and a "Whoa!" He obviously did not know what a Terminator was... but he does now... Felt good putting that one to bed after his exhaust gloating all spring. Was also glad he was a good sport and we did not get busted in that area of town.

I am unsure of his mods but I am assuming just a cat-back system and maybe an intake. It sounded pretty mean...

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill...must not be much of a car guy if he indeed did not know what a terminator is...or maybe he just don't know a lot about stangs and thought you had a 2v gt or somethin and was tryin to pick on ya lol

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Got a guy here with an ls2 goat that does the same "rev and drive away" act, then he doesn't want to go when I chase him down on a clear road to run. Lol

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ i was thinking the same lol. good run op. another gm car down ;)

fearls1

Established Member
Good kill OP.

I hate when people rev at you but they never make an effort to run, or they go into hiding when they see you coming, lol.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Nice kill op.

I never understood the revving thing really, 'specially while passing going opposite directions, lol. Kinda along the same lines of the ricer flyby.

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Funny you say that, I have seen a blacked out SS that has revved at me a couple times as well, always when im pumping gas and hes driving it seems. what a coincidence if ours is the same guy lol. Nice kill.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I like Ford vs chevy kill stories. It warms my heart to read that another chevy is biting the dust lol, seriously though good kill OP. Nice that he was a good sport about it.

Users who are viewing this thread