Votes: 22 50.0%
  • BF3

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I'm not one that buys a lot of games for my PS3 (in fact have not purchased a game in nearly 2 years) but I have seen previews for both MW3 (I currently have MW2) and BF3. figured as many game threads as I see over here that there would be some good debate on which of those games, if you had to chose, would most of you pick.

also I do not play online so that is not a factor for me. thanks.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I'll probably get both for the PC, but BF3 is at the top of my list.
MW3 will probably be just like the previous MW games (shooting wave after wave of enemies with very little story). The MW style of gameplay isn't that great IMO.

jliddle

Established Member
There's already a thread for this down the page.

BF nut-swingers hate on "noob" COD.

COD nut-swingers hate slow paced BF games.

Edit, since your not playing online I would go with BF3 for its campaign.

Last edited:

mifordman

Established Member
BF3 for campaign MW3 for online, this is of course, BF3 online is going to be like the past.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
You know what I was thinking earlier? I said to myself, what the road-side pub really needs is TWO threads about MW3 vs BF3. Thankfully you have read my mind and saved me the trouble of creating this thread.:bored:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You know what I was thinking earlier? I said to myself, what the road-side pub really needs is TWO threads about MW3 vs BF3. Thankfully you have read my mind and saved me the trouble of creating this thread.:bored:

Well lucky you! Nice guy that OP

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
2 very different styles of gameplay. I preffer COD as I don't care to pretend I'm really in a war. I just wanna run around and kill shit. To me it's more gratifying. Doesn't mean I hate BF, it's just not my cup of tea. I enjoy BF on occasion, and I appreciate that it's a different game with a different style of play. I just don't enjoy it enough to fork over the money. Tho some games in the BF series just sucked. Bad Company titles to be exact. Single player was repetitive as hell, and MP was just not up to snuff. The regular games where always pretty good tho. But if your buying for single player, COD all the way. The campaign in the last 4 COD games have actually been fun to play, while still providing a challenge.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member

Dekalb in the mother fn house! I would agree, we should actually make one more thread of this for good measure...you knowz!

Darcsun

Established Member
I downloaded the BF3 beta for my PS3. Several people who planned on getting it (myself included) have decided to pass on it. It's just not up to par with COD. Of course, I haven't heard much good about MW3 at this point. Reviews have said it's more like an expansion pack.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Dekalb in the mother fn house! I would agree, we should actually make one more thread of this for good measure...you knowz!

Haha, you know what's even better? I am going to move near Chandler in the near future and already have friends/family in Goodyear and Avondale.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
lol, sorry didnt do a search, just cruised a few pages, didnt see anything so made a new one, my bad. but did have to laugh at the replies.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
lol, sorry didnt do a search, just cruised a few pages, didnt see anything so made a new one, my bad. but did have to laugh at the replies.

Yeah, it's all good man, just like giving people crap about dumb mistakes that we've all made. :beer:

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Being an avid PC Gamer, and having loved all BF and COD games from the start, It's pretty easy choice. Battlefield games have Al WAY'S! always been about strategy and teamwork, and in-staid of being trapped in small corridors and small areas, you get a big open environment where tactics are necessary. Where on the other hand you get the COD games....very much more of a run & gun game, with no real strategy involved. Not to mention you're trapped in very small locations. In terms of game design....Dice's Frostbite engine is pretty much par-none. Far more advanced then any COD game to come for a while. Don't get me wrong COD are absolutely awesome in terms of fun-factor, that's if you like running & gunning fast paced shooters, But fact is, Battlefield 3 is so far advanced compared to COD it's not even funny. **getting ready for flame of the fan boy's of COD and their consoles** Anyone care to compare consoles to pc's? lol But really, all else put aside, it's like anything else, comes down to personal opinion.

Last edited:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Personally, I agree and couldn't have said it better. Both are similar at their cores but differ vastly in a few aspects, one is arcadey, small and overly-fast paced (in terms of real movement). The other is realistic as possible in a good quality game, very large, and closer to real life movement. The Frostbite 2 engine is just crazy nice though :bowdown:

Also, I've been a gamer for many years on console and just built a beastly PC a few months ago. I tell ya...it's amazing how much better all around the PC is for the graphical and smoothness parts. I will only play console for things like Gears 3 and FIFA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread