MW Scooter Flip

scribell

Established Member
Got back from the track about 10:30 Wednesday night to some idiots rolling around in those 3 wheel scooters through the hotel parking lot. I thought to myself something bad is going to happen. I stayed there until they left and went to the hotel room. Woke up Thursday morning and went to the dyno, came back and some guys were working on their car supported by a jack. Go up to the room and hear a fire truck and ambulance coming to the hotel. I hoped it wasn't the guy under the car. So I walk down there to inspect and this is what I come to... This was at the Holiday Sands South BTW. My car is the grey one, luckily not as bad as the other guy's Bullit. Both of our cars had brand new paint jobs < 1 year old. Luckily one of my buddy's had some rubbing compound and mine buffed out. The guy who flipped this thing was there for MW as well. He refused medical treatment and wouldn't even come out of his car. Coward if you ask me. He could have at least apologized.

U6jwvT7.jpg

zoeTId3.jpg

XAqtw8g.jpg

rBwWlWi.jpg

44Dqrse.jpg

mQM8GgU.jpg

K6Y3GJs.jpg

Last edited:

mach14604

Established Member
I wanted to talk to the both of ya. I saw the Bullitt and heard what happened to yours. It is BS. I had the same thing happen to me last year out on the strip. I got stuck with the bill after the guy said he would pay stopped returning my phone calls. I had my lawyer try to contact scooter shop, guy that hit me and police and nothing helped. I was going to tell you to get money before you leave because it is a good chance same will happen to you. From what i learned you basically don't need any insurance to rent these things and no one is responsible for damages when things happen. IT IS WRONG AND SUCKS. Good luck to you both.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That sucks!! I pulled in from hooters and saw all the scooters back there. Didn't look like any of them knew how to even drive those things. One woman was struggling big time to drive hers. But I grabbed a beer out of the cooler and headed for the pool. I heard the fire trucks coming and then later someone said they hit a car, that sucks!! I was admiring your car and that bullit all week!

scribell

Established Member
I have stayed at the HSS for the past 6 years with no problem at all until now. It wasn't their fault. I love staying there because there are so many awesome people there. About 20-30 of my friends and family stayed there this year and I will be there next year.

The officer I had to deal with was a major dbag. I have never dealt with an officer that was so rude and disrespectful before. He flat out said the owner of the Bullitt and I weren't too smart because we had Mustangs along with other rude remarks. I got tired of it and gave him some insults back. Still thinking about calling and filing a complaint against him.

As for the rental company, the person who rents the scooter signs a contract. The contract states that the rental company is not responsible. I have a copy of a contract and the number of the owner. They basically tried to bounce me around from store to store saying the next one could help me. Luckily my damages aren't as bad as the Bullitt... It basically boils down to nobody is responsible. The Bullitt owner will have to sue the driver of the scooter to get his car repaired or the insurance will fix it and go after the guy.

poof100

Established Member
This sucks big time. Some real idiots in MB. I stayed way down south in Surfside Beach, but in a rental house and I didn't have any issues at all. The cops left me alone and it was pretty tame. The downside though, is that Rental houses are a lot more than Hotels, but seeing all of the issues and stupidity, I will gladly pay more to stay in a house to make sure my car is out of harms way.

Good luck with recovering your insurance money, hopefully it works out. I'm still trying to collect money from idiots in a NYC parking garage that ran my Raptor into the wall right in front of me as they pulled the truck out. Everyone saw the garage attendant do it, and they have been sued but still refuse to pay up.

SS EATR

Established Member
I have stayed at the HSS for the past 6 years with no problem at all until now. It wasn't their fault. I love staying there because there are so many awesome people there. About 20-30 of my friends and family stayed there this year and I will be there next year.

The officer I had to deal with was a major dbag. I have never dealt with an officer that was so rude and disrespectful before. He flat out said the owner of the Bullitt and I weren't too smart because we had Mustangs along with other rude remarks. I got tired of it and gave him some insults back. Still thinking about calling and filing a complaint against him.

As for the rental company, the person who rents the scooter signs a contract. The contract states that the rental company is not responsible. I have a copy of a contract and the number of the owner. They basically tried to bounce me around from store to store saying the next one could help me. Luckily my damages aren't as bad as the Bullitt... It basically boils down to nobody is responsible. The Bullitt owner will have to sue the driver of the scooter to get his car repaired or the insurance will fix it and go after the guy.

Did you happen to get the name of the officer? The one that gave me a ticket was a very rude and disrespectful too. I tried to be as nice as possible with hopes of getting a warning but that didn't help.

sunburst

Established Member
That really sucks, it's a shame you couldn't confront the guy. Also, the majority of myrtle beach cops are power freaks and only care about making quota. They don't really care to help people from what I've seen. All of my family's BS tickets were in myrtle beach. Luckily we got most of them thrown out.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That really sucks, it's a shame you couldn't confront the guy. Also, the majority of myrtle beach cops are power freaks and only care about making quota. They don't really care to help people from what I've seen. All of my family's BS tickets were in myrtle beach. Luckily we got most of them thrown out.

The few MBPD guys I know are cool, but they're not patrol cops. Conversely, every Horry County Deputy I have ever talked to has never been anything but professional and courteous. They've gone out of their way to help me in the past when they could have just told me to pound sand.

sunburst

Established Member
The few MBPD guys I know are cool, but they're not patrol cops. Conversely, every Horry County Deputy I have ever talked to has never been anything but professional and courteous. They've gone out of their way to help me in the past when they could have just told me to pound sand.

Yeah I was just talking about the mb patrol cops, all of the county cops I've met were helpful and respectful

Users who are viewing this thread