Mustang Week went well in the Lightning

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Hey, gang--

Just returned from Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, SC. There were only about 6 Lightnings there, but we represented proudly. Finally got to meet Travis (Sid297), even though he spends most of the year about 8 blocks away from me.

At Darlington Dragway, I made two runs in the Lightning. It was a 90* day, and after letting it cool off for an hour, my first run netted me a new best of 13.64 @ 97.8mph. I was one of the first to run, and they had *just* sprayed the track with VHT. I'll post the timeslip later.

The 60' lights were screwed up, and it showed I cut a mind-numbing 1.54 60' time. Which we all know the truck would snap in half, if it were true.

ldragmw1.jpg

The Lightning on the line at Darlington Dragway. I took out a Cobra on this run. We both had massive wheelspin.

Second run, I was lined up against a late-'90s Cobra (yellow). Massive wheelspin in both lanes on launch, and I slowed to a 14.27 @ 97mph. However....I still got to the finish line first.

Then the rains came, and that was that.

Mark down on your calendar when they announce the dates for next year's Mustang Week! It is a boatload of fun, full of great people and great cars (trucks, too).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread