Mustang vs McLarens, Porsche GT3RS, Corvettes, more

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
How much of that is driver experience, or is the car that much faster?
I would think it's a combination of driver experience and the other vehicle drivers wanting to have fun but not live on the ragged edge and trash thier 200k supercar.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How much of that is driver experience, or is the car that much faster?

I don't know any of the other drivers personally. I'd guess it was a combination of (a) more grip from slicks / downforce on the Boss, and (b) more driver experience -- particularly in the high-speed corners, where you need to be confident handling a 100 MPH oversteer moment.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I don't know any of the other drivers personally. I'd guess it was a combination of (a) more grip from slicks / downforce on the Boss, and (b) more driver experience -- particularly in the high-speed corners, where you need to be confident handling a 100 MPH oversteer moment.

Looks like a video game.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Is the next step to own your own race team with you as a driver?

That is the normal next step.

As my pro colleagues put it, "every race team is composed of two things: drivers with talent, and drivers with money." The key to a winning team seems to be making the gap between the two categories not overly large. That, and a lot of luck.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben, I was scared shitless to drive my viper at laguna for the first time. I have plenty of experience there and Sonoma but in a shifter kart on slicks. Whole different ball game in a Viper with stock pirelli p-zeros. LOL

When are you taking the ACR out?? Any plans to run that car with slicks?

Schmitty

03 10th Annie Cobra Bro!
Established Member
Some impressive driving there! How does the Boss compare to your Shelby GT350/R?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some impressive driving there! How does the Boss compare to your Shelby GT350/R?

It's always difficult to compare street cars and race cars. The Boss is slightly quicker, and has substantially more cornering grip from its slicks and lower weight. The GT350R has better brakes, better drive off of corners, and handles bumps better with its IRS. I expect the GT4-spec racing GT350 will be quite a capable machine!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another fun day at the track with your Boss. :) Do you have a video of your GT350R you can post for a comparison with the Boss? If not, hopefully you can do one in the future. Or.....maybe you could bring both to the track, and you drive the Boss and let your wife drive the GT350R. ;)

CobraKid04

Established Member
Great driving. I don't think I saw anyone other than you consistently hitting the Apex.

When I went to driving school, the instructor had a beat to hell crown Vic and I had a 2014 Dodge charger v8. He smoked me on the track. All about control and the Apex.

blk02edge

Established Member
Great driving. I don't think I saw anyone other than you consistently hitting the Apex.

When I went to driving school, the instructor had a beat to hell crown Vic and I had a 2014 Dodge charger v8. He smoked me on the track. All about control and the Apex.
What the hell driving school did you go to where the instructor had a beat up crown vic? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread