Mustang VS GoCart

wheelspin

Established Member
I gotta post my times from my Brothers BONE ASS STOCK 89 GT from this weekend. I ran 14.41 at 97 MPH in it at Rock Falls. (Slow Track.) Not bad for an $800 car on Seiberland Falcon HD dimestore radials eh? BTW, that's with a full belt and A/C even. I want to get it down to Cedar Falls yet and see if I can get it into the 13's with just a short belt. Maybe a new cap and rotor and plug wires on the 99699 mile motor would help a bit too. (They are original!!) How fast does that Go cart go bone stock? :rolling:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by wheelspin
I gotta post my times from my Brothers BONE ASS STOCK 89 GT from this weekend. I ran 14.41 at 97 MPH in it at Rock Falls. (Slow Track.) Not bad for an $800 car on Seiberland Falcon HD dimestore radials eh? BTW, that's with a full belt and A/C even. I want to get it down to Cedar Falls yet and see if I can get it into the 13's with just a short belt. Maybe a new cap and rotor and plug wires on the 99699 mile motor would help a bit too. (They are original!!) How fast does that Go cart go bone stock? :rolling:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn dude.. thats pretty good.......

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Wheelspin, Wheelspin.......I never said that I would beat all Mustangs etc etc. The Mustang IS a better drag car, and can be a better road course car, but as we all know, each car is different, and it depends who is behind the wheel!!:rolling:

Originally posted by wheelspin

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Ya know, it's kind of scary how many 5 liters seem to get faster the more mileage that's put on them. I just don't understand how that's possibe, but I have seen many examples, including yet another written above.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Ya know, it's kind of scary how many 5 liters seem to get faster the more mileage that's put on them. I just don't understand how that's possibe, but I have seen many examples, including yet another written above.

Porsche's seem to do the same thing also...............

quick99snake

Established Member
about the 89 GT having 225, and the 94 having 215.....
I thought the way it happened was that they had 225 until 93, and put it down to 215, then it went back up to 225 for 94, but i could be mistaken.
ANNNYYHOOOWWW.....can you make a go cart run 12's in the quarter for less than 2000 bucks? i didn't think so.

LONG LIVE THE V8's!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whine: :whine: :whine:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Actuallly the '96-'97 4.6 (SOHC) made 215hp also, then bumped a whopping 10hp to 225 in '98, before the big jump to 260 in '99 for the redesign...

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
By the way guys: 87-88 5.0's had 225 hp.
It was the 86 w/200hp & 85 w/210hp
Just wanna get the numbers straight.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
By the way guys: 87-88 5.0's had 225 hp.
It was the 86 w/200hp & 85 w/210hp
Just wanna get the numbers straight.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Absolutely correct! See what happens when you're trying to reply in "stealth" mode, at work, and you're not careful...

'86, 200HP
'87-92, 225HP
was what I meant...
:D

Please notice, Mr. Tommylightning, that some of us can admit our mistakes and NOT go back and edit our previous posts...LOL

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Absolutely correct! See what happens when you're trying to reply in "stealth" mode, at work, and you're not careful...

'86, 200HP
'87-92, 225HP
was what I meant...
:D

Please notice, Mr. Tommylightning, that some of us can admit our mistakes and NOT go back and edit our previous posts...LOL

Sniff Sniff do I smell potential smackdown??

Blackgeetee

Established Member
94ShoOff,
That's quite an impressive collection you have in your garage. I really love those Grand National's. Excellent choice!:D

Users who are viewing this thread