Mustang VS GoCart

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Tonight on the way home from work (two nights in a row I had a race), I got to run a 94-95 Mustang GT (had the horizontal taillights). Sounded good, had after market rims...and I could swear it was purple. Anyways, we raced twice. First light side by side....well ok he had me, but I was right at his front tire. Second time, Same thing hehehe. I was like WOO HOO!!! At the last night, the guys were like nice V6 man. I nodded :) Then at the next light, they were like "Is that one of those new Taurus??" "Nope" I said, "A contour.......SVT"....And that was the end.....

Go GoCart Go!!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Hmm, maybe I did, don't remember. I didn't beat him tho, I stayed right next to him.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BTW Just did a search, cuz I don't remember blasting you for racing one.....I found the thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3633 Maybe it was something else. I know awhile I got caught all up in the internet 'drama' and was flaming like it was cool. Then that got old real quick. Cant us SVT Perfomance and Contour.org guys all just get along??? :D
Originally posted by slim shady
Correct me if i'm wrong but a while back you blasted me for talking about a race with a 89 GT when i beat him, now you beat one

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice kill, but I have never lost to an SVT contour in my 89 GT, and don't plan to. I know how quick the tour is too because my old man used to have a torador(spelling, you know the red kind) 98 SVT. Don't get me wrong the tour is a bad ass car, but not quite as bad as mine. Lighter ya, stonger and faster nope! Those 94-95 GT's weren't all that fast, but good kill.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I know, I try to pic them wisely :cool:
Originally posted by manystangs
Nice kill, but I have never lost to an SVT contour in my 89 GT, and don't plan to. I know how quick the tour is too because my old man used to have a torador(spelling, you know the red kind) 98 SVT. Don't get me wrong the tour is a bad ass car, but not quite as bad as mine. Lighter ya, stonger and faster nope! Those 94-95 GT's weren't all that fast, but good kill.

slim shady

Established Member
Yeah that was the race i was talking about. I think everything happened over at CEG. Whatever was said it's in the past no big deal, i recently had a race with a 94 i think , he had the 5.0 last year also and he spun like crazy off the line and i had him by about a fender all the way to third gear before we slowed and he WAS TRYING!!
P.S. a race is all about the driver not the car, if you can't drive you can't win!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
What he said! We are not being mean Shady. The name is just kind of teeniebopperish. BTW I like your quote about the fatc that it's the driver that counts. I totally agree with that. You guys have to remember a 1994 GT had less HP than a 1989.

1989=225HP@4000 RPM
1994=215HP@4200 RPM

SVT Contour
200HP@6250 RPM
But it's about 500-600 Lbs. Lighter

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by tommylightning
What he said! We are not being mean Shady. The name is just kind of teeniebopperish. BTW I like your quote about the fatc that it's the driver that counts. I totally agree with that. You guys have to remember a 1994 GT had less HP than a 1989.

1989=225HP@4000 RPM
1994=215HP@4200 RPM

SVT Contour
200HP@6250 RPM

1994 Chevy Caprice Classic
200hp@5800 RPM
but its about 1700 Lbs. Heavier

Hmmm Tommy been sniffing the NOS again eh??

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I agree about the driver thing also...but since I AM the worlds greatest driver...can anyone beat me?? heheheheh j/k of course

1989=225HP@4000 RPM
1994=215HP@4200 RPM

SVT Contour
200HP@6250 RPM

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Yeah, I got your surplus bottle. Remember when you took me to your NOS cellar? Or are you having blackouts again.

I was thinking about having a party anyone else wanna come???

Users who are viewing this thread