No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
1989=225HP@4000 RPM
1994=215HP@4200 RPM

SVT Contour
200HP@6250 RPM
But it's about 500-600 Lbs. Lighter

Taken from a Ford Mustang source book. It was edited only for spelling, I hate misspelled words.

wheelspin

Established Member
Um, hello. Meet my friend TORQUE. He kicks limp wristed 6 cyl ass all day long... :)
(Just messin with you guys... Don't call me at home late at night and make buzzy 6 banger noises into the phone... HAHA!! :D)

Tommy:
600 lb lighter than an 89? Are you sure?? Maybe you mean lighter than a 94...

Also, they didn't really change anything about the 5.0 to get the lower numbers in the late foxes. They just revised the way they took the readings. Some people speculate that using the different intake killed power a shave in the SN95 5.0's, so Ford lowered the last fox ratings to prevent a situation where it looked like they were going backwards. Note: SPECULATE

And I don't want to detract from anyone's good fortune with their Go Cart. Good work. I just had to brag about the times from an $800 wundercar...

quick99snake

Established Member
94ShoOff:
I wasn't referring to a factory turbo- or supercharged car. I was reffering to the Go Karts. I know that a GN will easily run 11's with not too many mods. And I'm also not saying that Go Karts aren't quick stock. What I am saying, and maybe this went clear over your head, that there's not a whole lot of performance aftermarket for SVT tours. I did realize that I was exempting the juice, but i don't like that stuff anyway. FYI, you can also make a late model twin turbo supra run 10's for less than 2000 dollars, but i would much rather have my snake, with v8 torque.

Users who are viewing this thread