Mustang/Truck wreck

GStang

Established Member
Back on June 18 my 5 year old daughter and I were driving home after picking her up from the babysitter. We were traveling south on a 5 lane road when a northbound 92 Mustang GT attempted to turn left in front of us. I was traveling aprox 45mph and couldnt avoid him. It was a hard impact that sent his passenger into the windshield. The passenger was helped from the Mustang and taken to the hospital via ambulance. Thankfully my daughter and I were not hurt. As ALWAYS she was tightly buckled in her child seat in the middle of the back seat. The only mark she had was from where her harness rubbed her neck when she moved forward during the impact. Had she not been secured I have no doubt she would have been a 35# human missle. The driver of the Mustang was cited for the accident and for failure to provide proof of insurance. Both vehicles were totalled. How ironic is it that I own a 92LX?The important thing is that no one was seriously injured......cars can be replaced but kids cannot....Parents please make certain your little ones are proplerly buckled in....

img00119zv6.jpg

Shot with BlackBerry 8310 at 2008-06-19
mustangjl6.jpg

Shot with BlackBerry 8310 at 2008-07-06
mustang1ul6.jpg

Shot with BlackBerry 8310 at 2008-07-06

dec322

Established Member
Did they at least have insurance? What are you going to get to replace the truck? I'm glad everyone was ok...specifically your daughter.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
You and your daughter are alive. That is all that matters.

BTW, those pics came out good for a phone camera... badass Blackberry!

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Glad you and your rug rat are OK. Fox's sheet metal is like Tin. That car is DONE!

blacksrt

Established Member
why is the truck totaled? doesn't look like it has much damage at all.

GStang

Established Member
why is the truck totaled? doesn't look like it has much damage at all.

Surprisingly the truck body held up very well but most of the impact was absorbed by the driver side frame rail. When they were estimating the cost to fix the truck they were accounting for a brand new frame and most of the front drive train, dog house, core support ect. The transfer case was broken too. I hovered over the insurance adjuster for 4 hours while he did his estimate. He understood that I did not want the truck to be completely rebuilt which is what they would have had to do. When the insurance company got a good bid from a salvage company for the truck they decided to cut the loss and let it go. They were up to about $14k in damage and there is usually unforseen items that will push the cost higher. I really liked the truck....but the gas mileage sucked bad! It was a 2004 gas 6.0L 4x4 2500 LT with every option except a sun roof.

GStang

Established Member
Did they at least have insurance? What are you going to get to replace the truck? I'm glad everyone was ok...specifically your daughter.

Thanks..

As far as I know they did not have insurance. My insurance company settled with me and will pursue him to recover the $$.
After a lot of consideration I bought a new Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab LTZ. I really like the new truck so far (picked it up yesterday). I just hope it will pull my enclosed trailer and mustang ok. It should definately get better fuel mileage than my 2500 gas 6.0L. That thing only got 11mpg in town. I figured with the cost of gas these days I probably wont be traveling more than 3 hours from home to race.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank God you and your daughter weren't hurt. And that the folks in the Mustang weren't hurt worse. I've seen more than a few idiots up here recently who were cutting in and out of traffic at high speeds. They have no concern for others on the road unfortunately. On Friday night I was coming home from my in-laws with my wife and some fool tried to pass FIVE - SIX cars in a row on a 2-lane highway. He had to have seen us down the road, but he misjudged the distance and missed us by maybe two cars tops. I called the state police immediately and hopefully they were able to nail this idiot before he killed someone.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread