Mustang show on board the USS Lexington

redrocket16

Established Member
Took part in a pretty awesome experience this past weekend and I figured I would share some pics and vid's (hopefully) of the event. It was on board a decommissioned US Naval Carrier, the USS Lexington. Here are just some of the pictures I took of my car and I will get some more of other rides up there as well. Made for a unforgetable exhibition for sure.

My car is the '96 with the hood raised:
DSC_0084_zps88caa695.jpg

DSC_0078_zps3b303e2a.jpg

DSC_0079_zps6fa7f649.jpg

DSC_0073_zps56c35811.jpg

DSC_0071_zpsfe5ad82e.jpg

DSC_0058_zps0814b835.jpg

DSC_0021_zpse7e0a578.jpg

DSC_0018_zps3e8510e9.jpg

DSC_0010_zpscc75ea13.jpg

DSC_0061_zpsad903d5d.jpg

DSC_0068_zps316dd014.jpg

I have some video's of boarding the ship which was by far the best part of the show for me. It was worth the price of admission to be raised to the flight deck of the ol warship and then drive onto the flight deck. I will edit this post tonight/tomorrow as I get time.

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
Here is my favorite video boarding the ship. I had a Go Pro on my roof which I will upload as well but this is just me on my Iphone. I let my finger get in the way a time or 2 and the music was playing for some background noise. If nothing else turn up the sound in the beginning to hear the warning chime before the lift starts moving.

If someone wants to embed this for me feel free to:

th_LoadingtheLex2ndtry_zps9918f1a0.jpg

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
nice, I thought about signing up for this event earlier this year and then saw the price and thought maybe next year. If you say it is worth the price, maybe next year I will drive to Corpus. A buddy of mine did this a year or so ago with the Vette crowd. He said it was pretty cool too. In for vids.

redrocket16

Established Member
nice, I thought about signing up for this event earlier this year and then saw the price and thought maybe next year. If you say it is worth the price, maybe next year I will drive to Corpus. A buddy of mine did this a year or so ago with the Vette crowd. He said it was pretty cool too. In for vids.

Yeah.. the price drove alot of people away. At the end they opened it up to people for $125 but the early on prices is what caused a less than stellar turnout from what they had hoped. I doubt they will do a show like this again with mustangs unless someone else organizes the event. I'll PM you some more info too about the weekend overall.

Added some more pictures to the top and got a ton more plus vid's upcoming.

redrocket16

Established Member
Did they let you do a tour of it while you were there?

We had a wristband and we could go anywhere that was open to the public on the ship. We also could follow a guided tour if we choose as well.

I will see if I can get some more pictures/video's up tonight.

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
The ship experience was fantastic and some great cars up there.

BTW, I loaded a video in the 2nd post loading onto the ship. If someone wants to embed it for me I would greatly appreciate that!

i can only imagine.

My family has had a home in Rockport, Tx for many, many years. We always take the new people down there to check out the lexington & state aquarium... very jealous of being able to drive up on the carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread