Mustang Racing

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Congrats to them!

Tom, you need to work for Rehagen full time. Then when you take vacation time, you can go out and play with your Lightning. LOL

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Congrats to them!

Tom, you need to work for Rehagen full time. Then when you take vacation time, you can go out and play with your Lightning. LOL

That would be awesome but I don't think they would pay me enough :(

Im working on getting some bills paid off over the winter so that I can hopefully get back out to the track a time or two next year. Here's to hoping the economy helps to make that happen:beer:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Alright guys, next week starts the new season. The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race will be at 1:45 on Friday Jan. 29th at Daytona International Speedway. The following day will be the start of the Rolex 24 hour race. If you live near there stop out and watch some great racing. Come by the paddock and say hi, we'll do our best to show you the cars!

The Rolex race has live updates but the Continental race will be tape delayed. It is supposed to be played on Speed Channel, Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7pm EST. Obviously check your local listing and all that jazz!

It'll be an interesting year with the new Mustangs, a fleet of Camaro's, the new E92 M3's, Porsche's, Subaru's and even an Audi! Hope you all can make it out to at least one race to say hi. We'll be doing our best to hold onto our championship title but it's going to be one REALLY tough year since we are still running the older Mustangs.

See you guys at the track!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Alright guys, next week starts the new season. The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race will be at 1:45 on Friday Jan. 29th at Daytona International Speedway. The following day will be the start of the Rolex 24 hour race. If you live near there stop out and watch some great racing. Come by the paddock and say hi, we'll do our best to show you the cars!

The Rolex race has live updates but the Continental race will be tape delayed. It is supposed to be played on Speed Channel, Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7pm EST. Obviously check your local listing and all that jazz!

It'll be an interesting year with the new Mustangs, a fleet of Camaro's, the new E92 M3's, Porsche's, Subaru's and even an Audi! Hope you all can make it out to at least one race to say hi. We'll be doing our best to hold onto our championship title but it's going to be one REALLY tough year since we are still running the older Mustangs.

See you guys at the track!

Thanks for the report Tom! :beer:

What no Challengers!?!?!! :shrug: Too piggy!?!?!? ;-):poke::p

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Thanks for the report Tom! :beer:

What no Challengers!?!?!! :shrug: Too piggy!?!?!? ;-):poke::p

Black Forest had two Challengers at test days. I'm guessing they both run the race as well (or at least try to:lol:). They definitely aren't in the hunt like the other cars yet though. We'll see how the season progresses, maybe they will find some speed by the end of the year:??:

David Hester

Established Member
Mustangs and Camaros and Challengers, Oh My.....
Sounds like shades of early TransAm. We can only hope.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Well I haven't been around here much lately but I'm looking forward to the season starting and I'll see you at Daytona Tom. Looks like we are back to a one car team for the time being. Anyone out there with a bunch of money that wants to go GA racing???:-D

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Well I haven't been around here much lately but I'm looking forward to the season starting and I'll see you at Daytona Tom. Looks like we are back to a one car team for the time being. Anyone out there with a bunch of money that wants to go GA racing???:-D

Back to a one car team with one of those fancy Coyote powered beasts:poke:

Maybe we should get road runner horns for the old cars:lol:

I hear ya on the bunch of money deal, we need someone to buy a ride as well! Either that or find a decent sponsor!

03'Darin

Established Member
Back to a one car team with one of those fancy Coyote powered beasts:poke:

Maybe we should get road runner horns for the old cars:lol:

I hear ya on the bunch of money deal, we need someone to buy a ride as well! Either that or find a decent sponsor!

We're supposed to have a new car. I'm pretty anxious to see that new 5.0 on person. It's not going to be any more powerful than last years 5.0 but it is going to be $10,000 cheaper. :eek:

In the current economy that sponsor money isn't very easy to come by, that that it's even easy in a strong economy either though.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
We're supposed to have a new car. I'm pretty anxious to see that new 5.0 on person.

Yeah, saw Jim and Brett at test days. The new car is gonna be sweet for you guys:beer:

It's not going to be any more powerful than last years 5.0 but it is going to be $10,000 cheaper. :eek:

Somebody has been lying to you:poke: It has quite a bit more power from what was implied to me. Plus that car was smoking fast at test days. We shall see I guess.

Don't know about the pricing, I have heard it is going to be about half the price of a rebuild on the old engines though.:rockon:

In the current economy that sponsor money isn't very easy to come by, that that it's even easy in a strong economy either though.

That's no doubt:(

03'Darin

Established Member
Yeah, saw Jim and Brett at test days. The new car is gonna be sweet for you guys:beer:

Somebody has been lying to you:poke: It has quite a bit more power from what was implied to me. Plus that car was smoking fast at test days. We shall see I guess.

Don't know about the pricing, I have heard it is going to be about half the price of a rebuild on the old engines though.:rockon:

That's no doubt:(

I was told the new motor has more potential than the last motor but they obviously won't let us use it. The old motor had good potential also but of course was restricted on rpm and with a restrictor plate. This motor doesn't have a restrictor yet as far as I know but obviously they have limited the rpm.

I found out we got the car yesterday, so it looks like we'll have it at Daytona. Word is there is going to be 5 of the new cars there. Multimatic has very little testing on the new car and they have had several issues, so I guess we'll find out quickly if they have been corrected.

I was told the racers will be able to buy the new production 5.0 "right off the assembly line" for $8,500. That's what a rebuild used to cost us on the old motor. :eek:

It's going to be pretty interesting to see what all these new cars are really capable of. I can't imagine any of the new cars have shown what they're really capable of yet. GA is going to have their hands full this year leveling the playing field to give everyone an equal chance.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I was told the new motor has more potential than the last motor but they obviously won't let us use it. The old motor had good potential also but of course was restricted on rpm and with a restrictor plate. This motor doesn't have a restrictor yet as far as I know but obviously they have limited the rpm.

Yeah, it definitely has more potential and no restrictor. I don't think you were told correctly about the RPM being limited though. From what I was told at test days the new one spins another 600 RPM and they were trying to get 800 with new valves and springs. Give that with the variable valve timing and you are look at more peak power along with much more area under curve I'm guessing.

I found out we got the car yesterday, so it looks like we'll have it at Daytona. Word is there is going to be 5 of the new cars there. Multimatic has very little testing on the new car and they have had several issues, so I guess we'll find out quickly if they have been corrected.

Awesome, yeah they told me they were having some drivability issues but it wasn't supposed to be that big of a deal. The suspension setup issues they were talking about you guys will have no trouble fixing IMO. You obviously know how to set up these cars.

I was told the racers will be able to buy the new production 5.0 "right off the assembly line" for $8,500. That's what a rebuild used to cost us on the old motor. :eek:

Yeah, that's the same price I keep hearing except that it's not quite "right off the assembly line" but very close. Dean made the comment that you might as well just get a new engine instead of even having them rebuilt, then sell off the old engine since it will still be pretty good for someone looking for a great deal on a good motor.

It's going to be pretty interesting to see what all these new cars are really capable of. I can't imagine any of the new cars have shown what they're really capable of yet. GA is going to have their hands full this year leveling the playing field to give everyone an equal chance.

Yeah, it's going to be crazy. GA is gonna have to be smart with their changes to even come close to keeping the cars even. The new BMW's and Camaro's are going to be a huge threat for sure. Hopefully you guys run another great season and have a shot at the championship again!:beer:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Good luck to Tom and all the other mustang guys running down at Daytona!!! I wish Speed didn't have a delayed broadcast.

-Rick

steve121

Established Member
You can check the race at the Grand am website. Here's the standings as of 2:00 pm.

1 46 1 driver Andy Pilgrim Fall-Line Motorsports BMW M3 Coupe

2 15 2 driver Joe Foster Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R

3 61 3 driver Jack Roush Jr Roush Performance Ford Mustang GT

4 59 4 driver Andrew Caddell Rehagen Racing Ford Mustang GT

5 52 5 driver Bob Michaelian Rehagen Racing Ford Mustang GT

6 60 6 driver Ryan Winchester Rehagen Racing Ford Mustang GT

7 48 7 driver Charles Putman Fall-Line Motorsports BMW M3 Coupe

8 37 8 driver Seafuse/ Gue JBS Motorsports Ford Mustang GT

9 16 9 driver Frank Montecalvo Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Bos 302R

10 96 10 driver Paul Dalla Lana Turner Motorsport BMW M3 Coupe

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
ok....what happened to the three Boss 302R's? one left at lap 52 and the other two at 59. did they two at 59 wreck together or did they all break at the same time with the same issue?

Users who are viewing this thread