Mustang Racing

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I started working part time for Rehagen Racing this year and thought some of you may want to check them out since they will be in races on Speed Channel several times over the summer. Our first race was in Daytona on January 25th, it was aired on Speed Channel Feb. 2nd. We finished 4 cars in the top 16. The race was pretty exciting because there are 40+ cars in our class (GS) and 40+ cars in the ST class all on track at the same time:eek: We could have done better if it weren't for a couple mistakes but we had a decent start on the year. Our next race is May 26th at Lime Rock and will be aired on Speed Channel May 31st at 8pm (check local listings:-D). We will be supporting at least 5 cars throught this season in the Grand Am Koni Challenge GS class and also 4 cars in the newly created Miller Mustang Challenger series. The Grand Am cars are the FR500C and RR500C cars while the Miller cars are the FR500S cars which are the first production race car to be turned off from an assembly line.

Rehagen Racing
http://www.rehagenracing.com

Grand Am
http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/

Miller Mustang Challenge
http://www.millercup.com/

Last edited:

David Hester

Established Member
Cool. We were down there working F&C at turn 1.
DSCN0113.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/rheacerlinda/Rolex24Jan08
I'd really like to do the Mustang Challenge, but I'm about $44,999.95 short for the car.:shrug:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Those are some sweet pictures Dave! You got a few of our cars as well. We are in charge of the 52,59,60,150,154 cars as of right now for the season, I have heard rumors of a 6th car though. We'll see if that happens I guess. If you are going to be around any of the other races let me know! I think there are 3-5 races that will have both the Grand Am race and the Mustang Challenge on the same weekend. $75,000 is a bit steep for my wallet as well!!! I'll stick to working on them:thumbsup:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
wish I had the time and money to do what you did full time. You are livin the dream bro!!

steve121

Established Member
I think I saw that race on Speed. two cars ended up coming in for a pit stop at the same time? Great racing, I'll be at Lime Rock in May to watch in person.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I see that Rehagen Racing received alot of coverage in the March Issue of Modified Mustangs. Great interview with Jack Roush Jr. and many photos of Rehagen Mustangs on track.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Tom,

I was over at the shop yesterday. WAY to many racing Mustangs in there!

Should be an exciting summer that's for sure!!!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
wish I had the time and money to do what you did full time. You are livin the dream bro!!

I wish I could afford it full time too, working a full time job during the week and then being at the shop or race track on the weekends gets tiring even though it is fun and exciting! I definitely feel lucky to have gotten this opportunity:rolling:

I think I saw that race on Speed. two cars ended up coming in for a pit stop at the same time? Great racing, I'll be at Lime Rock in May to watch in person.

Yup, a bit of miscommunication. Also earlier in the race we had a car come in wide and couldn't get the fuel rig to it. Then it took us longer than it should have to get the rear end moved over. I'm sure a little practice will do us good and the next race we will be even better. Hopefully you'll cheer us on at Lime Rock :-D If you get around the pit area be sure to stop in and introduce yourself:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I see that Rehagen Racing received alot of coverage in the March Issue of Modified Mustangs. Great interview with Jack Roush Jr. and many photos of Rehagen Mustangs on track.

Yes it does, if anybody has a spare copy of the issue with Darius' car on the front (I think that was the February issue) I would like to buy it from you for a reasonable price. That magazine seems to be keeping up with our team very well!

Tom,

I was over at the shop yesterday. WAY to many racing Mustangs in there!

Should be an exciting summer that's for sure!!!

Is there such a thing as too many? :lol1: It is definitely going to be an interesting year trying to keep that many cars on the track week after week, hopefully we don't have too many crashes or we are going to be in for some very very long hours! It looks like all my weekends for the summer are shot already, I am just hoping that I can make it to at least one open track event this summer:( It's good to be learning more about racing and car building though:thumbsup:

David Hester

Established Member
mUSTANG cHALLENGE will be at Road Atlanta and Barber, both within 3 hours of the house.
$75,000 is a bit steep for my wallet as well!!!
No, no, no. I was talking about the FR500S Aren't they about $45 grand? If i sell the race car and the Cobra, I MAY have enough to build a T-2 car for SCCA.

Looks like we are going to be at Road Atlanta for the Barber weekend and y'all probably won't be at the Mitty at Road Atlanta in May.
Oh, well. We've been working Daytona 24 since '89. We'll look for you there next year, maybe.
We do plan to be at Thunderbolt the week before y'all get there for the SAAC/STVOA deal.

Last edited:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Yes it does, if anybody has a spare copy of the issue with Darius' car on the front (I think that was the February issue) I would like to buy it from you for a reasonable price. That magazine seems to be keeping up with our team very well!

Here's the Mag BlackBolt9 is looking for. February Issue.

ModMustangMag.gif

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
mUSTANG cHALLENGE will be at Road Atlanta and Barber, both within 3 hours of the house.
$75,000 is a bit steep for my wallet as well!!!
No, no, no. I was talking about the FR500S Aren't they about $45 grand? If i sell the race car and the Cobra, I MAY have enough to build a T-2 car for SCCA.

Looks like we are going to be at Road Atlanta for the Barber weekend and y'all probably won't be at the Mitty at Road Atlanta in May.
Oh, well. We've been working Daytona 24 since '89. We'll look for you there next year, maybe.
We do plan to be at Thunderbolt the week before y'all get there for the SAAC/STVOA deal.

From here http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/FR500S_HeroCard.pdf

FR500S is going for $75,000 :eek:

Nope, I won't be at the Mitty so maybe I'll see you around next spring:beer: Have fun with those weekends you will be there though, it's not a bad life being at the race track on the weekends:-D

Here's the Mag BlackBolt9 is looking for. February Issue.

Thanks Jeff, I got the issue right but didn't realize Darius' car wasn't on the cover. Oops!:thumbsup:

Very cool, guys! :thumbsup:

Doing what I used to dream of years ago....minus 2 wheels.

:rockon::thumbsup::beer:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
FR500S is going for $75,000

Nevermind then. Guess we'll stick with what we have.

Yeah I know what you mean, at least two (maybe all four, I'm not sure) of the "S" cars we have are driven by guys with "C" cars if that tells you their budget.

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Koni Challenge race this weekend with the FR500C cars at Lime Rock. Our race is on Monday. I believe it's in the morning but I'm not sure what time.

The race should air on the Speed Channel May 31 at 8:00pm EST last time I checked their website, which was admittedly awhile ago. If anyone is going to be around stop by and check it out, I doubt I can get any credentials for you by the way our meeting sounded this weekend though (unless you are a potential sponsor that it) :(

Wish I could hook you guys up but I am a long ways from having enough pull for that benefit:lol1:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
It looks like they changed the time according to their website. It is now showing that they will be airing our Lime Rock race at 11pm EST on May 31st. I will probably check at 8 anyways just because their online schedule has been known to be wrong before.

Everything went alright, we were able to drive all the cars on the truck at the end of the day which is always good. I don't want to give it all away before you can watch it though so I'll leave it at that.

Good meeting Steve BTW. I hope you had a good time!

Users who are viewing this thread