mustang not a "tuner" car

bitskyline

Future SVT *****
Established Member
ok start off i dunno if i am in the right part of the forum but w/e mods were made to move things, so i'll put them to work :thumbsup: ANY WHO!

there is a car club i was in with my celica last year and this year i am no longer in it. the guys in the club are almost begging me to come back (prolly cuz i am the slowest car there). the guy who runs it has a 93 honda accord EX 4 door with the stereotipical park bench, 30lbs of plastic bumpers, NAWZZ! and a H22 swap with oh oh oh wait for it! VTAK!omfg wow!!!!oneoneone. any who! i was telling them about the cobra i am buying in the spring and they tell me if i get it i am no longer alowd in the club because i do not have a "tuner car" in their club they have a 4 door accord, WRX STi, 2 supras (MKIII), RX-7, skyline, turbo jetta, corrado, 240sx, 300zx, and and wait for it! 04 lightning! they say oh the lightning is a tuner truck. the accord has an engine swap, the skyline is JDM, the excuses keep coming. so... i make a list of all the stuff i am going to do to the cobra. Intake, exhaust, pullys, programer, exc, exc. as you know with the right tuning of the car you can get 500+ hp/tq hell even 600. all that starts from 390. if this is not tuning a car... wtf is ?

and end rant

what is every ones vew on this? i can post some of their replys if you can't understand what i was saying.

bitskyline

Future SVT *****
Established Member
well i just want them to go oh.. that makes sence, yo can join us now. then i will go nahhh thats ok but thanks any way :thumbsup:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
They should all be thanking the 5.0 mustang, it started all this crap. And if the cobra is not a tuner car tell them to think about this there were only 19,440 03/04 cobras ever produced and look at the aftermarket for them. Its the crazy few that keep buying the parts because these cars are easy to get big power out of.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
how about you just get your cobra and drive by them, if they want you back cuse u had a slow car, its almost given that they aren't allowing you back because you are going to eat thier wings and oversized bumpers right off in a race with the cobra :)

just remember one thing...

to a mustang owner psi means pounds per square inch aka... BOOST

to a ricer psi means, plastic per square inch aka... RICE

:D... now u decide what u want psi to mean to u

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
Force4.6 said:
They should all be thanking the 5.0 mustang, it started all this crap. And if the cobra is not a tuner car tell them to think about this there were only 19,440 03/04 cobras ever produced and look at the aftermarket for them. Its the crazy few that keep buying the parts because these cars are easy to get big power out of.

this is one of the not so many times that i will vouch for GM over Ford, but GM started the aftermarket upgrades market for engines by releasing thier first small block v8s... i am pretty sure, but then again the 302 made it sooo much better hehe

Silverboost

Established Member
just join a local mustang club and go over and sling burnt rubber from your rear tires all over there cars with you 500/500 Cobra...

dan1999

(Hingatümah')
Established Member
bitskyline said:
.......in their club they have a 4 door accord, WRX STi, 2 supras (MKIII), RX-7, skyline, turbo jetta, corrado, 240sx, 300zx, and and wait for it! 04 lightning!......

What I don't understand it's WTF is a lightning doing in a club like that, and why the f*ck would you go back there after you get a cobra?????? :poke:

Last edited:

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
yeah the lighning probably holds the pack together haha, but i would feel kinda wierd hanging with a buncha imports with a supercharged f150

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ask them to define a "tuner car". :shrug:

P.S. - Stick with a local Mustang club if you can find one. :rockon:

bitskyline

Future SVT *****
Established Member
lol there are no mustang clubs here just a general muscle car club. there are 3 lift back mustangs, 2 coupes, 2 5.0L i think theya re 94's, and 1 05 gt in ALL of quesnel. oh and their diff of tuner is *an import sport compact* lets see... lightning, WRX, jetta, srt4, E46 M3, and to top it off, the guy who runs it has a 4 door accord.... yea..

oh here it is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2227945

i made a list of parts i was putting on it and now they are all going oh... really... wow thats gunna be fast and going on about oh you should come to the meets mroe often... ****in ricers

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
TorchRedCobra04 said:
this is one of the not so many times that i will vouch for GM over Ford, but GM started the aftermarket upgrades market for engines by releasing thier first small block v8s... i am pretty sure, but then again the 302 made it sooo much better hehe

You are probably right I should have said "second coming" or "modern era" with the EFI 5.0.

And after checking out that link above that is just sad if he is saying a cobra can't be in their club but that can. Look what they did to that poor accord.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
the dude that has the lightning in the club needs to be kicked in the nuts! I may be going out on a limb here but no self respecting lightning owner would really want to hang with "tuner" aka rice cars.

Why do you? Hell even when I had my SVT focus I would not be caught dead hanging with a bunch of honda ricers.

I am sure some will flame me for that but others will agree 100%

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
dan1999 said:
What I don't understand it's WTF is a lightning doing in a club like that, and why the f*ck would you go back there after you get a cobra?????? :poke:
Because their messiah Paul Walker drove one in their video bible... the fast and the furious. ;-)

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWZ!!!!!!!!
blowup.gif

forcefedcobra

Established Member
grimreefer said:
Because their messiah Paul Walker drove one in their video bible... the fast and the furious. ;-)

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWZ!!!!!!!!
blowup.gif

LMFAO! That is true and it was the only part of the movie that I liked. When I went to see that movie I drove my high 11 second 98 cobra and went outside to see it surrounded by honda's until I burned the nitto drags off the back and left them in a cloud of smoke! LOL!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
actuall the performance aftermarket goes all the way back to the ford model-t.

TorchRedCobra04 said:

Users who are viewing this thread