Mustang Noobie

Jonny7o2

Hey fellas and/or ladies. I just recently joined the forums (like 15 minutes ago) and I'm a little bit of a car noob. I have had my 03 Mach 1 since Nov 14 and I absolutely love it. The way it handles, smooth ride and the power behind the V8. But I have reached the point where I want to start modding my car. Problem is, I don't know exactly where to start. I had talked to my friend who is a former BMW and Ferrari mechanic and he suggested starting off by installing long tube headers. Id say the next on my list after that is a cold air intake, exhaust, and short shifter. I would like some advice and guidance. I currently dont have pictures of my car but I plan on taking some shortly. Any tips would be great! Thanks :D

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
In my opinion....

Gears (4.10 or higher), tune, shifter, exhaust. I would also throw in lowering springs/other suspension parts since your car probably looks like a 4x4 truck on stock springs.

Congrats on the car and welcome!

Jonny7o2

What do you mean by gears. Keep in mind i am a novice in the automotive world. and by tune i assume you mean take it to a shop? Once I get pictures you can see how it sits but it doesnt seem bad to me. The previous owner put bigger wheels on it but yeah..

Users who are viewing this thread