Mustang Magazine Job Opening

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is hiring! That's right guys and gals, this is your chance to work on the biggest and best late-model Ford performance magazine in the world.

MM&FF is looking to fill the position of Associate Editor. This is an entry-level position based in northern New Jersey. Duties include writing and photographing feature and technical articles, traveling to events and shows, following market trends and creating new and interesting story ideas. You must also be able to follow directions and meet strict deadlines. Some writing experience and a college degree is preferred.

If you are highly motivated and looking to be a part of a great team, send a resume to [email protected] or MM&FF 365 W. Passaic St. Rochelle Park, NJ 07662 Attn: Evan Smith.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Do you guys take article submissions remotely? The reason I ask is because I know someone here in Houston who regularly submits articles and pictures to GM High Tech Performance and other magazines, but was not required to relocate. It's something I'd really like to get into.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Sounds like a dream job for somebody.

Good luck filling the position and make sure you hire a truck guy.
We need more articles since FPT was pulled :poke:

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
For the record, FPT is coming out in a few months. I am putting the finishing touches on the issue.

As for submissions, there are two types of contributors in the magazine world- Staffers and Freelancers. Your buddy in Houston is a Freelancer. This position is for a full-time job as an in-office staffer.

MM&FF does work with several different freelancers, but we do accept inquiries for new ones all the time. Basically, you will need to contact Evan Smith about information on how to become a freelancer. A freelance story is not competed and then turned in, but rather assigned before any work or organizing is even done. I suggest contact Evan to inquire about doing Freelance work. Thanks!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
MM&FF does work with several different freelancers, but we do accept inquiries for new ones all the time. Basically, you will need to contact Evan Smith about information on how to become a freelancer. A freelance story is not competed and then turned in, but rather assigned before any work or organizing is even done. I suggest contact Evan to inquire about doing Freelance work. Thanks!

Will do, I am definitely interested. It's something I've always wanted to do.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
A lot of us can Vouch for her^. Seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a hard worker. Let alone loves Mustangs and knows a lot.

Oh and did you ever get my e-mail Mike?

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
Please resend email. I don't remember, I usually respond to say I got it. We have a goofy email system here that throws even internal emails to junk!

thanks for the bump Sid. These chances don't come around often, we don't have a lot of turnover so this is a good chance for someone looking to break into the auto enthusiast media segment.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
A lot of us can Vouch for her^. Seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a hard worker. Let alone loves Mustangs and knows a lot.

Oh and did you ever get my e-mail Mike?

Aww, thanks!

I'll send an email as soon as I can access my personal email, we're still without power at home and gmail is blocked at work.

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
Northern New Jersey, near the Super Bowl Champs- NY GIANTS! Well, not exactly—the office is down the road about 10 or so minutes. There are many different areas to live including New York (Rockland and Westchester Counties) and many different NJ locations that are relatively easy drives. The office is located in Rochelle Park, NJ, right where I-80 and the Garden State Parkway cross.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
part of the joy of reading your magazine is the apparent commraderie between everyone in your office--that is all.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Sounds good but the Marine Corps for some crazy reason wont let me leave.:shrug::rockon::beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I live about 10 minutes away (over in Oradell), but do not have any kind of journalism or English degree, though I am attending BCC currently. I wish the timing was better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread