Mustang GT Vs M5

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Ok so let me just begin by saying I obviously was going to lose this race, I never had any doubt in my mind considering its a $90k car with 500 hp. All I have in my 2010 GT is a JLT cai, and magnaflow 3' catback, and 3.73 gears. (whipple coming soon ! :) )

Ok so im minding my own business last night breaking in my new 3.73 gearing, it only has just over 200 miles on them at the moment so I wasnt interested in racing anyone anyways. Im jumping on the freeway when this M5 pulls up and tries to get me to race. After I ignore him for a bit, he continues egging me on. I figured this guy was just bored out of his mind and wanted someone to play with him. So after a while I said screw it, we were doing about 60 and i dropped it into 2nd and we took off.
At this point Im in the lead by about 2 cars so I know this guy is obviously messing with me , I stayed in front as i shifted into 3rd gear, and when I finally hit 4th I was doing about 120. I guess at this point he got bored of toying with me and I look in the mirror and his car slowly starts catching me, next thing I knew he was next to me than took off like a bat out of hell. I stopped at 140 mph.

So like I said , not surprised at all by these results, but Im curious as to how you termi and gt500 owners out there do against these things?

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
M5's shine after 120 mph.....nice rides even though the new ones are on their way ...making this the older model..

By the way would it have made you feel better had the car been cheaper? lol
you guys and your price talk crack me up..who cares how much it is ? What about the 400k bently thats powerful but slow ? lol..

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I raced one with tune CAI pulley 45-160 and beat him pretty good. I'm sure he would have eventually won but 160 is plenty fast for me. Also slaughtered a couple after the whipple but that wasn't even a fair race IMHO You should win after you get that whipple.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
M5's shine after 120 mph.....nice rides even though the new ones are on their way ...making this the older model..

you guys and your price talk crack me up..who cares how much it is ? What about the 400k bently thats powerful but slow ? lol..

Umm yeah price has alot to do with it. If my mustang cost me 90k it had better be more than what it is. You actually think if the m5 cost 30k like GTs it would be built the way it is? you think it would be pushing 500? Get real. Why you think the Shelby is 50k? Becuase of the hood ,hood pins, and the shelby emblems? Hell no its how the car is built, engine, trans, suspension , etc. You get what you pay for. As for the bently , its powerful because the car is retardedly heavy, its a luxary car, the power isnt there so it can role with shelbys and z06s. So YES price does make a difference, thats why i laugh when idiotic GM lovers compare a z06 with a GT stock for stock, its a whole different class, Camaro/Mustang much better comparison. Try again plz:rollseyes

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
You are exactly correct. It takes money to go fast. The factory can build it fast or you can build it fast but it takes money to do so.

2k3gt

Established Member

This. Price doesn't directly equate to power.. The M5 is a better car in every category. That $90k also goes toward the interior luxury, top of the line suspension, etc. I guess some people forget this :shrug:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
This. Price doesn't directly equate to power.. The M5 is a better car in every category. That $90k also goes toward the interior luxury, top of the line suspension, etc. I guess some people forget this :shrug:

usually the dumb ones have that argument.. Like if the car is super expensive it makes them feel good that they beat it.. :lol:

Makes no sense right ?

Wonder what happens when that big turbo Civic weighing in at 2100 lbs that was bought from the junk yard for $500 would make them feel like if it beat them.

AGAIN PRICE IS NOT ALWAYS POWER FELLAS!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Umm yeah price has alot to do with it. If my mustang cost me 90k it had better be more than what it is. You actually think if the m5 cost 30k like GTs it would be built the way it is? you think it would be pushing 500? Get real. Why you think the Shelby is 50k? Becuase of the hood ,hood pins, and the shelby emblems? Hell no its how the car is built, engine, trans, suspension , etc. You get what you pay for. As for the bently , its powerful because the car is retardedly heavy, its a luxary car, the power isnt there so it can role with shelbys and z06s. So YES price does make a difference, thats why i laugh when idiotic GM lovers compare a z06 with a GT stock for stock, its a whole different class, Camaro/Mustang much better comparison. Try again plz:rollseyes

:lol:

02blownGT

Established Member

Always the guy in Z06 That doesnt want to talk price.:lol1:

Last edited:

2k3gt

Established Member
Always the guy in Z06 That doesnt want to talk price.:lol1:

:rollseyes

The Z06 is largely recognized as one of the best performance values on the market...you know that right?

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
, thats why i laugh when idiotic GM lovers compare a z06 with a GT stock for stock, its a whole different class, Camaro/Mustang much better comparison. Try again plz:rollseyes

those idiotic GM lovers u talk about are the writers for motortrend and caranddriver that compare a Z06 to a shelby or a ZR1 vs. a GT500KR because of the price similarity

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I love it how price always gets thrown into the equation to make up for that shitty feeling of getting your ass handed to you.....:nonono:

"yeah i lost but that car costs $xxx.xxx"....

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I love it how price always gets thrown into the ecuation to make up for that shitty feeling of getting your ass handed to you.....:nonono:

HAHAHAHAHA..... You sir are right about that:beer:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I love it how price always gets thrown into the ecuation to make up for that shitty feeling of getting your ass handed to you.....:nonono:

I might lose, but at least I can spell equation.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread