Mustang GT/CS & Brembo/Track Pack question.

87hatchy

Established Member
So much misinformation my head is going to explode :eek:

I know 373 are standard on cs

No they are not. 3.31s were standard with 3.55 and 3.73 being options just like the GT

The little easter egg Ford gave all 3.73 buyers is the Shelby carbon clutches, regardless of what model it is in

Do you have proof of this? Where did you hear this? From a friend of a friend whose cousin's boyfriend's best friend's uncle is a service writer at a ford dealer? Never heard of this.

that is not true the T2 was an option upgrade. the standard for track pack was the Carbon fiber clutch pack same as the GT500 and boss.

The Torsen diff came in all Track Pack optioned GTs. No GT's came with carbon clutch discs in the rear.

jmurray87

Established Member
The car still does this, mostly the worst once its at normal running temperature. I can leave for work in the morning and hardly or not hear/feel it at all but after a while it starts and gets bad. It's the typical moan/groan and shuddering when marking low speed turns. Heck, coming into my driveway just now it shudder and got REAL loud im convinced the clutch packs are toast regardless of what the dealer says. If not then they need to find something wrong because there is no way in hell this is "normal" for the car to do.

My car is a automatic so does not have the track pack since it was not a option in 2011 at all and brembo brakes are for standards only. The 2011 cars have the same carbon diff as the 2010 track pack I believe but I still only have the standard 3.15 gears. Yes the title is now miss leading but I wasn't sure and the first dealer made it sound as though my car does have a track pack.

Last edited:

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
The car still does this, mostly the worst once its at normal running temperature. I can leave for work in the morning and hardly or not hear/feel it at all but after a while it starts and gets bad. It's the typical moan/groan and shuddering when marking low speed turns. Heck, coming into my driveway just now it shudder and got REAL loud im convinced the clutch packs are toast regardless of what the dealer says. If not then they need to find something wrong because there is no way in hell this is "normal" for the car to do.

My car is a automatic so does not have the track pack since it was not a option in 2011 at all and brembo brakes are for standards only. The 2011 cars have the same carbon diff as the 2010 track pack I believe but I still only have the standard 3.15 gears. Yes the title is now miss leading but I wasn't sure and the first dealer made it sound as though my car does have a track pack.

Yeah I would for sure take it back in and figure out whats going on. doesnt sound like anything normal.

ridenfish39

Established Member
At about 10 k mine started moaning and shuddering. It got worse and started clicking as well, worse when it was warm and only at slow speed. Dealer diagnosed it as bad clutch packs, they were replaced and all is still well at 28 k miles.

jmurray87

Established Member
Did anyone of you happen to notice it being worse on any sort of hill or incline? Mine seems to be even worse when turning into my driveway or turning slowly into any sort of incline entrance way.

Users who are viewing this thread