Mustang dyno???

HB4025

Established Member
Ok i am very sorry because i know this has been asked before but would anyone happen to know the % difference in the mustang dyno and a dynojet. I had mine done today on a mustang dyno and just would like a number that can be easily compared to others. I have heard 3% and i also heard 10-12%, im confused. Anyways heres how she did.

Max HP: 435.42
Max TQ: 487.48
Quarter mile sprint: 11.84 @124.35, with a slipping clutch

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Heather

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
Where did you get it dynoed? I am in lexington and looking for a place to dyno and check the specs (A/F, etc)

HB4025

Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
dang why is ur clutch slipping?

Marc

Ummm try 7.2 in the eigth on et streets, that most likely did it!!! But i have some milder BFGs now.

Anyways mwaull, i sent you a PM a while ago and even replied to two posts you made about where to get a dyno, so therefore i am not going to answer that question, check your ****ing PMs and find out. Sorry to be a smartass but i tried to help you out and you are being ignorant. If you still want me to set it up, just simply write me back and i will help any way i can but dont ask for help and then not take it, thanks.

BTW ummm still no answer on the dyno, any help guys???

Heather

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Got mine done today as well at Amazon Racing. There is no set factorial that can be used....just too many variables. The Mustang Dyno at Amazon takes into account atmosperic measurements, true vehicle weight, as well as wind resistance at any given speed. Have heard of differences between the two anywhere between 5% and 15%. It appears many use 10% as a moderate compromise......

TRBO VNM

Heather,

I posted this exact thing on another board and there was nothing but a debated about different dyno's and nobody answered the question. With my numbers if I used 10% I would have been right at the average for a stock cobra (370rwhp). I have been told 10-15. But that is a big difference so why wouldn't everyone use 15% for it to look good.

The conclusion was take it to the track and see how you do. Everyone basically said they really only like dyno's to determine the tune and see if adjustments are needed. What are your mods? I just saw your sig. I would say at 10% you are about the right range that I have seen. Put the apten on and you should be right at 500rwhp which is about right. So you are probably in the 470 range.

If I were to guess, 8-10% should get you close. My numbers are in my sig. and were on a mustang dyno.

Jason

Last edited:

HB4025

Established Member
Thanks guys that clears it up a little bit, i guess the only way to find out for sure is to take it to a dynojet and then compare. But i was thinking that if i used say 10% that would put me at 478 RWHP, i dont know that seems a little high, at least more than i was expecting. But yeah same thing here, just different people debating on this "oh well my 03 dynoed at 439 on a dynojet so its faster than yours" ohhhh how i love ignorant people. But i guess most dont realize that a mustang dyno actually puts a load on your car, and is completely different than a dynojet. Oh well guess we will never know, well that is untill i blow the guy with "439 RWHP" away at the track!!!!!!

Ohhh yeah apten blower is in the works but next is a shifter and some suspension work, oh and did a mention a clutch to replace the slipping one.:(

TRBO VNM

that is why I am doing my suspension work prior to major hp mods. I have a 2.8RR pulley sitting here, but want to get all the rear bushings replaced, MJ's girdle and full length sub frames, springs install prior to hitting the 500 mark.

good luck with everything.

HB4025

Established Member
Hey jason found this yesterday after hours of searching, and came from two VERY knowledgable people, make of it what you will, but thought this might help you out too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice numbers...The Mustang Dyno is traditionally 13 % lower than a 248C Dynojet. This would put your RWHP around 485-490, and TQ around 535-545! very nice numbers!!!

Good going Heather...Alternative Auto in Michigan did a test on this about two years ago and 13 % was the magic number.

walker887

Established Member
Heather,
it really depends , all dyno's are different even the same brand.
I can tell you that the Mustang Dyno I own is 20% off of a Dynojet 248 from another local shop.
My Mustang Dyne is 9 months old and has been mainly used for tuning , the dynojet we compare it to is 6 months old , with same type of usage.
I have compared several cars between the 2 and have come within +- 5 hp , but that is the way mine is , like I said they are all different
DOn

HB4025

Established Member
Don if you are talking percentage wise, like yours is 20% off wouldnt you mean that the number is 20% lower on a mustang dyno, if thats the case then the difference would be way more than 5 HP. So if say 13% is right then mine would be 491 HP on a dynojet, which i think is high but am i missing something here, or am i right???

trey193

Established Member
Just drive across the river to Clemons and get on his Dynojet to compare, cant beat his prices 3 pulls with A/F for 50bucks. Where did you run 7.20 at?? What were your mph's and 60 footers? Several of us are planning on dynoing up there soon, I need to get my AF checked after my Apten install of last week!

HB4025

Established Member
I would go get another dyno but i am not about to go spend another $50 just to prove someone right or wrong, the numbers are not all that important to me.

But trey when the louisville people go to the track locally we all go to Ohio Valley, which is about 20 mins outside of downtown but pretty much its a so-so 1/8th.

But all this mustang dyno vs. dynojet mumbo jumbo is really starting to give me a headache, i think i will be safe and say 10% which puts me at 478 RWHP, wether thats right or wrong, at this point i dont really even care, i know what i have and i am happy with that.:beer:

TRBO VNM

Heather,

thanks for the info. the thread jtfx posted was what I started on modular. That is what I was talking about in a prior post.

trey193

Established Member
Numbers who cares about them, you car runs 7.20's that speaks for itself after all I have learned about Dyno's in the last year I pretty much will only go to get an A/F reading!

HB4025

Established Member
7.29s on ET streets and that was before i took off my accufab TB, but with my BFGs i should still be fairly close to that, and yeah i agree all that matters is i know how fast my car is and if anyone trys to say otherwise, well....they can just kiss my ass!! LOL

Trey you should shoot me a PM when you roll up here to get a dyno, clemons is about 10 mins away and, the people from Louisvillemustangs are always getting together!!:beer:

trey193

Established Member
Will Do!:) I have heard about a good street racing scene in Louisville , something about down by the wharehouses? KNow what I talking about?

HB4025

Established Member
Warehouses??? Ummm not to sure about that but everyone usually ends up at 11th or 13th street (i dont think any local cops are going to be reading this) or on riverside dr. that runs along the river and waterfront park. But of course you always have the bridges to run em on. But yeah on a warm night theres usually about 100 nice FAST cars out next to the river and of course the flocks of rice, 11th and 13th is just a little too hot for me. But all my mustang budies are always out running around just generally terrorizing the neighborhood!!!

Here is our hometown mustang board www.louisvillemustangs.net, nothing but a bunch of friendly shit talkers and gear heads!!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread