Mustang 5.0 vs civic hatchbacks

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Well I just ran a couple tuner civics earlier. First time I've had a chance to run a built civic.

So I was At the local car meet with other muscle cars then all of a sudden about 10 imports roll up and park on the opposite side of the parking lot. Within about 5 minutes they come over and are asking about getting some runs in with a 12 second car. I took them up on the offer since I ran bottom 12s on street tires.

I don't know much about imports but the first race was against a turbo civic on 14psi of boost (non vtech). I honked it off and pulled pretty good on him(10-15 cars?) . Race him again from a 40 roll in 3rd gear but it was a closer race.

Next I raced another civic running 20psi with vtech. I honked it off and it put about a car on me from 60-120 roll. I was pretty impressed with the second car. I've heard a lot of jokes about vtech but when it kicked in he was gone yo lol.

I have a 2013 5.0 with Paxton running about 575ish rwhp. Car is about to get a smaller pulley and e85 this coming week. I have videos I'll post up later.

Edit: not sure how much of a difference it makes but the second car was a LS or had one... W/e that means

Last edited:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
No shame man, 3 of my friends have mid 9 second TAGGED hondas(spins shows) but have trapped well, 2 are turbod K24's and the other is a turbod LS.

Good death man

Edit: A "LS" is a B18 OR a 1.8L

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Good races, would have loved to hear about a dig race. I know you're on street tires but roll racing is the only thing those fwd turbo 4 bangers are decent at.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Good races, would have loved to hear about a dig race. I know you're on street tires but roll racing is the only thing those fwd turbo 4 bangers are decent at.

Wanna street race? Do it from a roll. Wanna dig race? Go to a track. Street racing is already stupid and dangerous enough. Don't further hamper your odds with Darwin by dig racing on public roads. :rolleyes:

I for one don't mind street racing. I've done it and probably will again. But I can't stand watching 160+mph races in traffic-populated areas or idiots holding up traffic on highways and interstates to dig race.

Fast is fast. I don't understand why so many people hate on other people's stuff. We're a community. Be respectful.

/rant

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Wanna street race? Do it from a roll. Wanna dig race? Go to a track. Street racing is already stupid and dangerous enough. Don't further hamper your odds with Darwin by dig racing on public roads. :rolleyes:

I for one don't mind street racing. I've done it and probably will again. But I can't stand watching 160+mph races in traffic-populated areas or idiots holding up traffic on highways and interstates to dig race.

Fast is fast. I don't understand why so many people hate on other people's stuff. We're a community. Be respectful.

/rant
Lol, what a stupid post. Where was holding up traffic and races over 160mph mentioned? :bash:
You can set up a dig race where there is little to no traffic involved. See bay area racing videos.

Also be respectful? Those honda guys came up looking to race a 12 second car, Op obliged and the honda guys, not knowing his car is capable of 10's with good tires, got its ass handed to it. The other honda was ahead by 1 car.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Civic put a car on you and you're SC'ed? Damn.

Yup, I knew it was a beast when I heard it doing a test run on a side street.

No shame man, 3 of my friends have mid 9 second TAGGED hondas(spins shows) but have trapped well, 2 are turbod K24's and the other is a turbod LS.

Good death man

Edit: A "LS" is a B18 OR a 1.8L

:beer:

They had no problem with a dig but they wanted to swap out for slicks "really quick"

/rant

Before any speculation is started, the only cars on the road at the time were the groups cars. Straight long road, zero traffic, and concrete walls on both sides. You watch too much 1320video.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I just don't support dig racing on public roads, which is what Serpent was making it out to sound like he was advising. A closed off road isn't so public now is it?

And oh BTW, with a little reading comprehension Serpent, the first car probably was a 12 second car. OP's did leave him by "10-15 cars." The second probably noticed OP would be a decent run for him.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I just don't support dig racing on public roads, which is what Serpent was making it out to sound like he was advising. A closed off road isn't so public now is it?

And oh BTW, with a little reading comprehension Serpent, the first car probably was a 12 second car. OP's did leave him by "10-15 cars." The second probably noticed OP would be a decent run for him.
Yea, reading comprehension alright, he said they did a 2nd run and it was closer. :kaboom::kaboom::kaboom:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Don't feel bad being pulled by a Honda. Built right, which plenty are out there, can be down right nasty. I had a built 00 SI with 35R turbo that hurt plenty of feelings.

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I raced the car on 14 psi twice. First race was 3rd pull from 60-140. Second run with the same car was a 40-120ish run still in 3rd gear. Second race with the first car was closer due to the low speed and me being in 3rd.

Here is a video of the said race, skip to 15 seconds. This was race one 60-140 roll

[Youtube_browser]XFgVHFKiwqc[/youtube_Browser]

This is race with the car running 20psi 60-120 roll

[youtube_browser]ec0Z16veDLI[/youtube_Browser]

All the cars in the vid were apart of the rolling mob

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Little update, I ran into the guy at the e85 station and he said(20psi civic) he is about 600whp. Rematch tomorrow with my new numbers.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
are you putting the power down pretty good? those are some nice numbers, hope you walk that 600hp civic!

I ran it against a cammed 4th gen omw back from getting e85 yesterday. He weaved through traffic to catch up to me(No traffic ahead, in front of the only group of cars). I started in 3rd and surprisingly it hooked up pretty good with minimal spinng on street radial 325s. Freight trained the camaro of course. Big difference at night though when the temp dropped about 20 degrees into the low 60s. It was able to spin 4th gear :shrug:.....3.73s. I'm going to be picking up a set of tires in a 15" to swap in/out.

Users who are viewing this thread