Must Have IPhone Apps?

MLMike25

Established Member
I've got the goods right here

Siri - an amazing app. Its basically a personal assistant. Ask it for a nearby bank/food/movies/etc or something and it'll tell you what's nearby. Tell it to remind you to get gas later and it does that too. Ask it for the weather, ask it to tweet, flight status, etc. Its the type of app you expect "smart phones" to have. The voice recognition is very good.

The Google App - like Siri, but has a wider search capability than Siri b/c, well, its Google
Skyfire browser
Pulse News - nice rss feed app
Tango - video calls on 3g, decent quality
FAC free - fake a call, for when you need to
Find iPhone
Red Laser - bar code reader
WebMD - you never know
Slacker - i like it better than Pandora, more options
ooTunes - broadcasts a ton of radio stations
Audiogalaxy - stream music from your computer
WeatherHD - nice weather app
Mark the Spot - tell ATT where your service is spotty
Mint.com - financial app
Pageonce - financial app
1Password - consider it a wallet for your iphone.

Games:
GlassTower 2
Brick 3D
Action Heroes

04spinbra

Established Member
My girlfriend just got the Iphone 3gs and she want the app that make Itune songs into ringtones, Do y'all know what that one is?

Thanks,
Mike

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Ill have to check this one out......

It rocks man, I use it everyday. No reason to use memory on my music anymore unless I'm going somewhere with a terrible data signal. Definitely only use it if you have unlimited data though, I've hit 223MB just since the 15th and probably 70% of that has been streaming Audiogalaxy.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I've got the goods right here

Siri - an amazing app. Its basically a personal assistant. Ask it for a nearby bank/food/movies/etc or something and it'll tell you what's nearby. Tell it to remind you to get gas later and it does that too. Ask it for the weather, ask it to tweet, flight status, etc. Its the type of app you expect "smart phones" to have. The voice recognition is very good.

The Google App - like Siri, but has a wider search capability than Siri b/c, well, its Google
Skyfire browser
Pulse News - nice rss feed app
Tango - video calls on 3g, decent quality
FAC free - fake a call, for when you need to
Find iPhone
Red Laser - bar code reader
WebMD - you never know
Slacker - i like it better than Pandora, more options
ooTunes - broadcasts a ton of radio stations
Audiogalaxy - stream music from your computer
WeatherHD - nice weather app
Mark the Spot - tell ATT where your service is spottyMint.com - financial app
Pageonce - financial app
1Password - consider it a wallet for your iphone.

Games:
GlassTower 2
Brick 3D
Action Heroes

just used that one today as my service here isnt that great.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It rocks man, I use it everyday. No reason to use memory on my music anymore unless I'm going somewhere with a terrible data signal. Definitely only use it if you have unlimited data though, I've hit 223MB just since the 15th and probably 70% of that has been streaming Audiogalaxy.

funny too cause my buddy was just saying this, that he thinks mobile interface with your homes pc or home server will become more popular.

BTW i have unlimited data, so far im at 6.6gb from the 5th according to the "att my wireless" app thingy. I stream pandora (Dubstep station owns!) to and from work (45min each way) and occasionally at work when my office partner is gone and we arent listening to his classical station (which I dont mind at all, keeps me calm).

JasonSnake

Established Member
Data limit? What's that?? :poke:

I'm not sure about the iPhone but I turn wi-fi off when I'm not around a wireless network. Keeps the phone from searching and using battery needlessly.

I like Google Goggles too.

I just bought a refurb 3GS last week. First time really messin around with an iPhone and it's addicting.

Anyway, when I went to the ATT store to activate it, they told me that the unlimited data plan was not available for a new ATT user. I would need to have some tenure before that is given to me. What a bunch o' bologna. Also, they say I'd have to pay extra for tethering. Jeezzz...

Also, is there an app to access my bookmarks from google toolbar?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Anyway, when I went to the ATT store to activate it, they told me that the unlimited data plan was not available for a new ATT user. I would need to have some tenure before that is given to me. What a bunch o' bologna. Also, they say I'd have to pay extra for tethering. Jeezzz...

Yeah ATT and soon Verizon no longer offer unlimited data plans for new customers.

Customers (like me) who had an unlimited data plan get grandfathered in, however im unsure if that still holds true if you sign a new contract when it comes time to upgrade phones.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
funny too cause my buddy was just saying this, that he thinks mobile interface with your homes pc or home server will become more popular.

BTW i have unlimited data, so far im at 6.6gb from the 5th according to the "att my wireless" app thingy. I stream pandora (Dubstep station owns!) to and from work (45min each way) and occasionally at work when my office partner is gone and we arent listening to his classical station (which I dont mind at all, keeps me calm).

Yeah I'm sure it will, its so much more convenient. All Audiogalaxy needs is a better UI and it'll be a definite hit.

cotchnobra

Established Member
flixster and urbanspoon are great but try out the app POYNT. It's like having both of those put together and I personally like it better than either one of them

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ok a guy at work has a droid phone and he was talking about an app that lets you talk and it types that as you text message. that way you can do "hands free" texting. then you just say send and bam there goes your message. it also lets you say the name of who you want to text and it adds it. anyone know what this app is?

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Yes you can set it to not automatically search and connect to any wifi networks. However if you have connected to wifi networks previously, itll automatically connect to those networks once in the vicinity of the signal. Love going to my buddies house and just automatically picking up their wifi.

Its awesome I would hate to have turn on wifi every time
Yeah ATT and soon Verizon no longer offer unlimited data plans for new customers.

Customers (like me) who had an unlimited data plan get grandfathered in, however im unsure if that still holds true if you sign a new contract when it comes time to upgrade phones.

My unlimited stayed with last upgrade. I have there unlimited plans in my family plan. Also a little app called MyWifi :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread