• Other

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
daydark said:
I know a lot of people say this, but I literally listen to nearly every type of music. I have never gotten in to classical or R&B, but I have noticed that if you give any type of music a chance, you will find something you like about it eventually.

I used to HATE country, but a year at Texas A&M hanging out with would-be Agricultural Engineers will change that. I love it now.

I used to hate Dance music until I lived in Hong Kong for a while.

I used to hate Jazz/Swing until I met a really cool guy who insisted I went to some Swing / Jazz bars with him and I ended up having a blast and really liking it.

So, who knows. I'll still love my classic rock and alternative, but as I have grown a bit older, I find myself liking music in general more and more.

I feel ya there.......

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
mudayne is stuck in my cd player right now.dig. linkin park, korn(old), rammstein( even though i dont understand them), coal chamber, soad. the list goes on and on. but if it doesnt sound like the devil is coming from my radio, i really just lose interest.

EXACTLY :rockon:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
CobraGirlSVT said:
Haha, my story exactly. My mom used to tell me when I had "adult obligations" and a "real" job, I wouldn't be able to listen to metal as it would give me headaches.

Well, I have a mortgage (adult obligation if ever there was one) and I consider my job as a senior litigation paralegal to be pretty "real". In fact, I listen to Chronixradio.com all day long at work while drafting various briefs and motions.

My musical tastes have gotten more hardcore if anything. I went from Ozzy, Maiden, Priest, AC/DC, etc. in high school to preferring bands like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Coal Chamber, Static X, Korn & Slipknot now. :coolman:

I'm in my ... uh... upper-mid-30's now.

I take it you're a gal by your name, and if so....Married? :p

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Old hip-hop and some new, good punk (none of this emo/pop shit), metal, reggae, and some classical to round things out.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
All kinds of metal and rock... Chimaira, Superjoint Ritual, Bloodbath, Cannibal Corpse, EYEHATEGOD, Hatebreed, Nile, Slayer, Lamb of God, Bleeding Through ect...

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
mudayne is stuck in my cd player right now.dig. linkin park, korn(old), rammstein( even though i dont understand them), coal chamber, soad. the list goes on and on. but if it doesnt sound like the devil is coming from my radio, i really just lose interest.

Since when does Linkin Park sound like the devil coming out of the radio?

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
I'm the quentiessential "all types" listener. I'll be listening to some Chopin then put on some heavy drum and bass then load up some Disturbed or System of a Down next thing you know I'll be getting down to some Lil Wayne then finish off with some old skool jazz. I genuinely enjoy music from EVERY genre.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Should have guessed Metal would be the predominant choice of music here, seeing as our choice of cars/trucks lean more to the aggressive side also.....interesting. :read:Anyone else agree that there is a relationship between the 2?

Last edited:

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
NiteMareGT said:
Should have guessed Metal would be the predominant choice of music here, seeing as our choice of cars/trucks lean more to the aggressive side also.....interesting. :read:Anyone else agree that there is a relationship between the 2?

Not really. I drive a Focus and I like metal.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Of course, it is impossible to vote on this poll.

I just read "Why Music Moves Us: The Cognitive Neuroscience Of Music". It is a scientific study just released at a conference at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle last month.

Your brain knows no physical sound. The brain translates sound waves into neurons that travel to your brain through 30,000 auditory nerves from each ear. You could state that the smarter the person the wider their appreciation of all types of music.

I vote "all of the above". :-D

I will list my all-time favorite bands (or artists):
Stones
Pink Floyd
Beatles
Eagles
REM
Doors
Clash
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Nirvana
B-52's
Collective Soul
Counting Crows
The Black Crowes
Lynyrd Skynyrd (when Ronnie Van Zant was alive)
The Allman Brothers (when Duane was alive)

My favorite this year: Cross Canadian Ragweed
Cody.jpg

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
Of course, it is impossible to vote on this poll.

I just read "Why Music Moves Us: The Cognitive Neuroscience Of Music". It is a scientific study just released at a conference at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle last month.

Your brain knows no physical sound. The brain translates sound waves into neurons that travel to your brain through 30,000 auditory nerves from each ear. You could state that the smarter the person the wider their appreciation of all types of music.

I vote "all of the above". :-D

I will list my all-time favorite bands (or artists):
Stones
Pink Floyd
Beatles
Eagles
REM
Doors
Clash
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Nirvana
B-52's
Collective Soul
Counting Crows
The Black Crowes
Lynyrd Skynyrd (when Ronnie Van Zant was alive)
The Allman Brothers (when Duane was alive)

My favorite this year: Cross Canadian Ragweed.......

HA !!! You old bastard.......jk :D

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I get down with anything that's challenging. Currently listening to alot of ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, ATDI, Norma Jean (circa bless the martyr & kiss the child), and Blonde Redhead.

sidebar: If there's one band that makes me want to stab my eye out people really seem to dig on this site, it's disturbed. I can't help thinking of some jock douche in a Dodge Ram pimping his sweet flash tribal armband and goatee wearing oakleys anytime I hear those generic lead-in riffs. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread