Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I think the music you listen to says alot about who you are. I remember the days of listening to Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc...(when I was younger) and hearing my dad tell me that I would grow out of that garbage. Well, I guess I'm still "growing out of it" because I'm now 35 and Metal is still my music of choice, and I don't see myself ever changing. I would like to hear what some of you have to say about your music, and why you like it. :thumbsup:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Everything here, 'cept opera. A little bit of country & a little bit of pop. Rock & Alternative is my favorite. I'm 40 & grew up with thie big hair bands, but I like lots of the newer stuff also. Taproot, Shinedown, Disturbed, you name it.

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I like all sorts of music.. From Ryan Cabrera to Slipknot to 3 Doors Down. But some of my favorite bands I've been listening to lately include Sterofuse, Lifehouse, The Used, Trapt, and Mudvayne.

Supernova

Established Member
I voted other because I like rock/alternative/weirdness, but not necessarily metal or your standard "hard rock" crap like Disturbed, System of a Down, and all that shit. I listen to stuff like the Reverend Horton Heat, Ween, the Music, Kasabian, etc.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Interesting guys....alot of diversified tastes here. I fell HEAVILY into Staind when they first came on the scene. Their slow "crunchy" riffs, and depressive life lyrics hit me on the head. Since, I've watched them soften a bit, as hard bands usually do, and I hate that. Right now I'm getting a kick out of HED PE's newest album, and I'm listening to quite a bit of Trapt, Disturbed, Seether, C of C, etc.....I've just always liked my music a bit more on the "agressive" side. But I always seem to go home to Metallica, and some older Megadeth and Pantera.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I listen to most everything except like jazz and classical, shit like that. Deftones are my favorite band by far. I also love NIN, Staind, Mudvayne...shit I love too much stuff to list em all. I think we should name a band that we think everybody should look up that we think they might not have heard. Personally I think everyone should look up Gym Class Heroes. They are the shit, kinda hard to describe the music. And for people in to Techno and Electronica...Orb is sick as shit.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Hard Rock/Metal. CD's I'm currently listening to: Diecast, Dry Kill Logic, Trivium, Staind and Slipknot. Also, 36 Crazyfists:rockon:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Hard Rock/Metal. CD's I'm currently listening to: Diecast, Dry Kill Logic, Trivium, Staind and Slipknot. Also, 36 Crazyfists:rockon:

36 Crazy Fist's do rock. I like Primer 55 also..........

Juiced-03

Established Member
Heavy rock, classic rock, and some hip hop (mainly the local stuff though- I hate the rap crap that gets played on the radio).

I listen to a band called Flaw very often. I also like Mudvayne a lot.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
NiteMareGT said:
I think the music you listen to says alot about who you are. I remember the days of listening to Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc...(when I was younger) and hearing my dad tell me that I would grow out of that garbage. Well, I guess I'm still "growing out of it" because I'm now 35 and Metal is still my music of choice, and I don't see myself ever changing. I would like to hear what some of you have to say about your music, and why you like it. :thumbsup:

Haha, my story exactly. My mom used to tell me when I had "adult obligations" and a "real" job, I wouldn't be able to listen to metal as it would give me headaches.

Well, I have a mortgage (adult obligation if ever there was one) and I consider my job as a senior litigation paralegal to be pretty "real". In fact, I listen to Chronixradio.com all day long at work while drafting various briefs and motions.

My musical tastes have gotten more hardcore if anything. I went from Ozzy, Maiden, Priest, AC/DC, etc. in high school to preferring bands like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Coal Chamber, Static X, Korn & Slipknot now. :coolman:

I'm in my ... uh... upper-mid-30's now.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I listen to mostly country, classic rock, and alternative. My favorite band right now would definatly have to be Trapt. I love thier music.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
mudayne is stuck in my cd player right now.dig. linkin park, korn(old), rammstein( even though i dont understand them), coal chamber, soad. the list goes on and on. but if it doesnt sound like the devil is coming from my radio, i really just lose interest.

daydark

Established Member
I know a lot of people say this, but I literally listen to nearly every type of music. I have never gotten in to classical or R&B, but I have noticed that if you give any type of music a chance, you will find something you like about it eventually.

I used to HATE country, but a year at Texas A&M hanging out with would-be Agricultural Engineers will change that. I love it now.

I used to hate Dance music until I lived in Hong Kong for a while.

I used to hate Jazz/Swing until I met a really cool guy who insisted I went to some Swing / Jazz bars with him and I ended up having a blast and really liking it.

So, who knows. I'll still love my classic rock and alternative, but as I have grown a bit older, I find myself liking music in general more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread