Muffler input needed

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
One of the reasons I am still using factory mufflers is I know they are not stupid loud and no drone. I am thinking of going ahead and replacing mufflers this winter but cannot pull the trigger.

What's mufflers do I want? Give me a few good choices to look up sound clips on. Pros and cons if any.

RLB01

Established Member
With ORH, M-5230-SVT1
With cats, M-5230-S (KR mufflers)
No drone with eather

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, the Borla Touring and SVT1 are the same. Either would be my choice based on what you're looking for.

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
I have The SVT1 on mine and have had them on the car through a couple different stages and have really liked the sound and volume level through them all.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
A lot of these guys responding have earlier cars with 2.5" pipes. A car with 2.75" pipes (2011 up) is a different animal with no cats. It's damn loud even with the stock mufflers. I have Borla Tourings and it's obnoxiously loud IMO. It's not bad at idle and light throttle, but WOT and aggressive throttle will definitely draw attention. There is no drone with either muffler.

Last edited:

Kenneth

Established Member
A lot of these guys responding have earlier cars with 2.5" pipes. A car with 2.75" pipes (2011 up) is a different animal with no cats. It's damn loud even with the stock mufflers. I have Borla Tourings and it's obnoxiously loud IMO. It's not bad at idle and light throttle, but WOT and aggressive throttle will definitely draw attention. There is no drone with either muffler.

This is good info. I was considering switching to the Borla touring but if it's as loud as stock I'll just keep my stockers on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
No, Borla Tourings are louder, although it's just a step up in noise level with the OEM H. I should also state my car has long tubes, not just an off road H. Although I did have an off-road H with the Borla Tourings and removed them after a short while, it's a good bit louder with the long tubes.

RBB

Established Member
I love my Corsas. No drone at all, not too bad at idle, but they're loud as hell with long tubes and no cats when you get into it.

builttodrive

Established Member
I have 2, 2011 cars in my fam with stock axle backs, off road h-pipes, and stock manifolds. Compared to my 07 with long tubes, off road-X and SVT1's I would say overall my car is the loudest but only by a small fraction. The 11 cars are close!! I would say the 11 cars are actually louder overall until WOT and then I get it but only by a fraction.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Ford Racing Tourings here, good sound and silent inside. Same as Borla Tourings but cheaper and say Ford Racing on the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread