mud flaps?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
For lack of a better term since we can't drive in mud, any suggestions on the cheapest option while still looking decent? I see them for over $100 for just the rear in carbon fiber but I think that's a bit excessive.

kingnut

Established Member
i dont even notice mine. and im sure people behind me appreciate them being there when i take off.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I really want them for protection from rocks n shit. I'm putting the sticky Nittos on real soon and want to keep the non sand blasted look

5lho

Established Member
Stock GT500 ones are cheap, even from Ford, unobtrusive and do a pretty good job of keeping burnout box schmutz off the plastic

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
should they be called drag radial rubber flaps instead? =b im drunk sorry

Rob Nelson

Established Member
The stock GT500 flaps work great in the rear. JLT also sells some carbon fiber ones on their website for the front and rear and they look SICK as well as protecting your paint pretty well.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I bought some cheap hard plastic ones off ebay when the car was still new. I now have over 26k miles and they are still doing a great job both front and back.

alex12gt

Established Member
i run gt500 on both the front and rear they mount up pretty well and help protect the front rocker from getting eatin up

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I came up with a really simple way to make your own for the front. I use GT500 for the rear. In my photos, you can see i used the two original pushpins to hold my homemade splash guards on. Just take the pushpins out and hold a piece of paper on the fender lip and take pencil or something and poke out where the holes on your new splash guard need to be. You will need this as a template to make your new holes on your splash guard. I used the GT500 as a pattern for my splash guard. Then i used my paper template to see where the holes need to be. Oh.... You need to just purchase the flat cheap splash guards and then you will use your template to mark the cheap one. Then just use tin snips or something to cut it out. There is some trial and error to get your pattern at first, but when you find one you like you can just use it over and over..... well i see I cannot post attachments.... So hopefully you can "see" what I'm saying from my post.....

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I came up with a really simple way to make your own for the front. I use GT500 for the rear. In my photos, you can see i used the two original pushpins to hold my homemade splash guards on. Just take the pushpins out and hold a piece of paper on the fender lip and take pencil or something and poke out where the holes on your new splash guard need to be. You will need this as a template to make your new holes on your splash guard. I used the GT500 as a pattern for my splash guard. Then i used my paper template to see where the holes need to be. Oh.... You need to just purchase the flat cheap splash guards and then you will use your template to mark the cheap one. Then just use tin snips or something to cut it out. There is some trial and error to get your pattern at first, but when you find one you like you can just use it over and over..... well i see I cannot post attachments.... So hopefully you can "see" what I'm saying from my post.....

1370719982_zps2e299f98.jpg

SilverCoyote

Established Member
yes the holes are already there.... it has 2 of the same type of push pin type things that the cover over your radiator has. You just take them out and stick them right back in thru the holes of your new flap.

Users who are viewing this thread