MT82 Paxton Times

sdoo500

Established Member
What's up guys,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a paxton tuner kit from Beefcake. Planning on torque booster kit as well. Car will have o/r x, CAI, Shaftmasters D/S and 15x10 with some bias plys. What are you guys running for quarter mile times?

I've seen this question mentioned a bunch of times without a ton of answers from the manual guys. I see a few answers with guys saying 11.2-11.5 and if that's normal for these cars, I might hold off. Really looking for 10's with the stick. I went 12.1 tune only with tires so spending 5-6k for another half a second just isn't worth it to me. Car will see the track 5-6 times a year with a lot of dig runs in Mexico.

Don't need to hear how much faster a turbo is, don't have the funds for it or knowledge to install. Centri is already at my mechanical and fiscal limit.

kdaly

Established Member
I dont have an answer for ya but I wouldnt get boost just to lower 1/4 times. It would be to enjoy it everywhere. Throwing money at a car to take time off the clock 5 times a year is retarded. It should be for having 200+whp extra year round and having a damn good time.

imeyers302

Established Member
I dont have an answer for ya but I wouldnt get boost just to lower 1/4 times. It would be to enjoy it everywhere. Throwing money at a car to take time off the clock 5 times a year is retarded. It should be for having 200+whp extra year round and having a damn good time.

+1. About to pull trigger myself on a vortech setup. I don't care what the Dyno numbers are, and I don't care what it will pull in a 1/4 mile. I don't care that turbos are faster, and I don't care how much faster the next guys 5.0 is. I am doing it only for the fun factor when the go pedal is pressed.

sdoo500

Established Member
Good points for sure. Guess I kind of get carried away with all of the fast cars on this site and online. Getting bored with winter already and going a little crazy.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I mean I would do it for the horsepower or the times. It honestly doesn't matter what you want to do it for. If that what you want then that's what you want. You should go a lot faster then 11s with a Paxton on a manual car assuming your going to do some suspension work.

kdaly

Established Member
Good points for sure. Guess I kind of get carried away with all of the fast cars on this site and online. Getting bored with winter already and going a little crazy.

I hear ya man, I get car envy all the time. So much more I wanna do but I like money just as much as cars lol.

4VFTW

Established Member
how fast you go with a stick depends 100% on how few ****s you give if something breaks when you drive.

sdoo500

Established Member
how fast you go with a stick depends 100% on how few ****s you give if something breaks when you drive.

Bought myself a reliable daily/tow rig so I don't give a lot of f****. 6k launches on slicks and powershifting ftw!

(Stay tuned for the "Mt82 junk broke on me and I don't know why, this transmission is a piece of crap" thread in upcoming months...)

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Close to op's topic. I have been curious on the centri 1/8 times. I have auto. Was wondering if I can get 6's with out a convertor. Car already has full exhaust. No 1/4 mile tracks near me

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member

I built my car to run a number and not for hard parking/dyno numbers. You made that post because you run 11.8-12.5 with a blower and cant manage a decent timeslip

kdaly

Established Member
I built my car to run a number and not for hard parking/dyno numbers. You made that post because you run 11.8-12.5 with a blower and cant manage a decent timeslip

Whatta douche. Thanks for the chuckle, Never ran my car....

that escalated quickly

Seriously, someone thats focus'd on shit like this doesnt have enough pussy in their life.

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Whatta douche. Thanks for the chuckle, Never ran my car....

Seriously, someone thats focus'd on shit like this doesnt have enough pussy in their life.

Im a ball buster. Your car is lighter than most and just needs a set of big and littles with some seat time to run a number. To say throwing money at a car to take time of the clock is laughable...thats what this website is about.

Users who are viewing this thread