Mt82 blown guys/gals!!!

krhonn

Established Member
Wondering what kind of numbers you all have been putting down with the stock Mt82 and stock rear end?
Rwhp and drag times if any.
Thanks everyone.

PC03GT

Established Member
Vortech v3 was stock up to 640 hp. I ended up getting it rebuilt when I threw on longtubes by Rev Auto, now I'm making 671 hp....still have the stock rear

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
With the stock mt82 ive ran 9.80s at 143mph. The cars 60ft is usually between 1.38-1.44 leaving at 6000rpm. I've broken the rear twice but i believe that was my driving and not the rear being weak.

The car made 702whp 657wtq on one dyno and 655whp 627wtq on another

krhonn

Established Member
Thanks PC03GT, I was thinking about the tr6060 swap but seems as if have to start all over after buying my current drive shaft, clutch and lines.
I'm thinking about pulling the motor and having it sleeved for more boost. Just can't afford to do the motor, tranny and rear all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Slow306stang, are you just dumping the clutch at 6000rpm or are you slipping it a little?
Also what tires are you running?
Those are great 60ft times.

I am slipping the clutch. When i was dumping the clutch it broke the factory traction lock. I built the rear and then it sheered the teeth off of the ring gear. Since ive been slipping the clutch it hasnt broken anything.

Im running a 28x10.5 stiff sidewall ET Drag slick mounted on a 15x10 wheel. With 3.31 gears i'm pushing 7300rpm in 4th at the traps.

PC03GT

Established Member
Thanks PC03GT, I was thinking about the tr6060 swap but seems as if have to start all over after buying my current drive shaft, clutch and lines.
I'm thinking about pulling the motor and having it sleeved for more boost. Just can't afford to do the motor, tranny and rear all at once.

The rebuild can get expensive real quick, depending on what you broke once the open it up. I think it was over 2gs because 2nd gear sycro was trashed. If I could do it over I'd go with the tr6060 swap

14RS3

Established Member
11,500 miles on my car. At 1500 miles I had a smaller pulley, cai, bap, and MGW shifter installed, it put down 638hp/ 511tq on the final tune. Still have the stock MT-82 and clutch. Don't run at the strip though, it is just a backroad fun car. So any hard throttle results in a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread